• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

help, need advice

bunnyrun

Mama Doe
hello,ive got a dilema ive started taking in unwanted bunnies in eastbourne and im successfully rehoming them im checking the homes and so far ive found lovely homes for my bunnies,
MY DILEMA,
ive just taken in a FEMALE lion head who lives with a MALE dutch they have just bn left in hutch to rot as the female who ive named daisy is in a bad way she is extremely matted and very dirty now i have bn told she has bn spayed the problem is wen i go to them she grunts like hell and goes for me the male who ive named dougal is not castrated CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THERE IS ANYWAY ID BE ABLE TO TELL SHE HAS BN SPAYED IF NOT SHUD I SEPARATE THEM,

It's common for people to say they're spayed when they're not. How likely is it that they paid for the more expensive spaying operation but not castration?

I'd seperate them until you know for certain and book him in for castration in the mean time, so they can go back together. If possible house them where they can still see each other.

You vet may be able to do an ultra sound or find the spay scar to tell whether she has been done.

Tam

Hi welcome to the forum.
Well done for helping unwanted bunnies in your area.. i hope you sort these two out and dont end up with a hutch full of dutch/lionhead crosses to rehome aswell :?

sorry cant realy help you there but welcome anyway, i think i would split them to make sure . any chance you can talk to the past owner and find out which vet she used they should have records.
Angie

daisy and dougal

hello every one, got the vets tomorrow with daisy and dougal hopefully she will tell me if daisy has bn spayed dougal is booked in for the snip nxt week hopefully its not to late i think daisy is blind aswell which doesnt help matters will keep you all posted on how they get on

Back