• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

new guinea apartment block!

elve

Banned
Had a busy morning and am very proud of my growing collection of HUGE cardboard boxes - to the ceiling in my bedroom now :lol:
But they make great piggie hide-outs...

Ordered from this excellent bloke http://www.b-js.co.uk/acatalog/index.html - delivered by himself the next day (now that's good service!)

All 15 guins were in this when I got them a fortnight ago :shock:
The ammonia build up was terrible as the ceilings were only 9" high...

unit.jpg

Now 6 are in this - the others in my living room in same but bigger for mums and babies - and my fridge seems to have been pushed out of the kitchen now too :roll: :lol:

P1010016.jpg

They look so much happier and healthier :D and what a great bloke to deliver you the cages so quickly :D

Wow Elve excellent! They look much better than what they came in!!! and you have some very happy piggies!

they must be very happy piggies! i like the new setup they look much more comfortable! im sure they are very grateful.

sophie

Wow, I how can you handle it all?! Well, you are doing a very great job rescueing, and giving them a better life...and I want more piccies!

hi

:D Thanks - I never have time to take photos any more - the piggies are so shy I hate frightening them - got this one of Abbey though - she and Charlie are a matching pair who don't know the meaning of the word shy - obviously the breeders first guins and well handled :)

abigail.jpg

hi

Thanks everyone :) How many am I keeping? Weeelll....umm :roll:

I said to my son last month - ugh I don't like guinea pigs! Now I just love them! - they are noisy compared to rabbits - squeaking and chuntering and clucking all the time - and when the bag rustles at tea time - well !! :shock:
And they are messy compared to rabbits - think rats but bigger and cuddlier...It's such a novelty for me to have animals that I can hold and cuddle! But they are just lovely animals - so sweet natured and shy - totally irresistable :love:

It's the 'sheepskin' ones like Abigail above that have won me over - never seen piggies like that before - I have a couple of 'smooth pigs' too, as my son has christened them - they remind me very much of my pet rat I used to have - very sweet natured and charming - I'm charmed!! :wink:

I intend to rehome Abigail and Charlie in November, after Charlie's had the snip in a couple of weeks time - They are lovely, outgoing and very confident, friendly piggies - but somehow they don't feel like 'mine' - so they must belong to someone else! :)

I wouldn't part with Sabrina or Beatrice though - they are MINE :lol:

But cleaning 10 cages doesn't seem like such a big deal now - It's the feeding that never stops - I finish one lot and the bunnies in the shed need more then so on and so on - I've had to start wearing 'proper' shoes as my feet were killing me...Benny sits there surrounded by piggies squealing for their tea, giving me 'that' look - he always gets served first! :lol:

Glad you're enjoying the piggies. I love the way they 'talk' to you! Their set-up looks great - they've really landed on their feet with you.

aaww well done elve.. certainly looks better than what they were in before. Im sure they will soon get used to humans again

Back