• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello

Robocop

New Kit
Hello,

My name is Amy. I am a veterinary nurse from Somerset. I have 2 very beautiful bunnies called Little and Barry.
Little is an albino, she is 4 years old and very pretty! She has hip problems, so she walks everywhere because she can't hop. Little also has cataracts, so she can't see very well. I recused (stole) her from
one of the local pubs, as they had about 20 rabbits is awful conditions (I called the RSPCA) but I had spotted her dragging herself about the tiny cage that they kept them in. So one night (I know I shouldn't have!) my boyfriend and I went and stole her, because I was worried that the RSPCA would just put her to sleep. Since then she has had good veterinary treatment and she now walks and has a wonderful life with Barry in the garden (where they spend most their time) and I love her to bits.
Barry is a lionhead and looks out for Little. They are always together in the garden, they don't leave each others side.
Robocop, who was put to sleep in December, was another rabbit from that awful pub. I brought her from them. This was before the problem got out of hand and I called the RSPCA. Robocop also had a cataract in one of her eyes. She also had seizures quite often. All my bunnies went to work with me all the time because of Little and Robocop.
Anyway in December I noticed that Robocops good eye was larger than the other. It turned out that she had a tumour behind the eye and she was put to sleep, it was the cause of her seizures.
I do miss her and I always talk about having 3 bunnies.
Anyway thats me. At work I am very, very, very supportive on rabbit welfare and I do hold rabbit clubs to promote good rabbit husbandry.
Take care.

Amy. x

i think you were very brave rescueing little. i wouldnt say it was stealing they obviusly didnt want the rabbits anyway . (more like liberating than stealing) what about the other bunnies have they still got them or have the rspca took them . poor things.
angie

hello and welcome :wave: poor bunnys fancey leaving them in pain and sufering you wouldent do it to your kids so why do it to a bun

Hi and welcome! Sorry to hear about Robocop. Well done for liberating those bunnies - what a great life they lead with you. Looking forward to pictures.

Hello,

Thank you for all your replies. I wasn't to sure how you would feel about me taking Little from that pub. The RSPCA came and took the rest away. I do know how the RSPCA work and I know they would of put Little to sleep. Thats why I took her.
I was heart broken for the rest of them. If I had the space and time, I would have taken them all (also I would have got into alot of trouble for doing so) I knew they wouldn't have noticed one bunny missing.
I know that they have no rabbits now, I still do little checks of the garden at the back, just to make sure! Thank you for all your replies. Take care.

Amy. x

its a sad fact of life we cant save all the poor neglected bunnies out there. so be proud youve got the ones you have and love em to bits. at least the others arnt still there suffering.

Well done to you for getting Little.
I am sure I would have done the same but not stopped at one.

And you give both them a lovely and happy life.

Cannot wait to see piccies!!

Hi Amy and welcome to Rabbits United :D I am so sorry for your loss of Robocop, she sounds like such a sweetheart. At least you gave her a wonderful life with you and she knew what it was to be loved.

Oh Amy...no I don't care about the legalities of "pinching" them...good for you...
angelboytd.gif

So sorry about Robocop as well :angel:

Back