• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stray hamster needing a home

janice

Wise Old Thumper
Sophie from ARC has been helping out at the vets over the summer holidays, she has been very pleased that she hasn't managed to take any unwanted animals back with her .... until the last day ..... what did she take home with her?.... a little hammy!

This young lady has been named Christabel after the vet that took her off the lady that had brought her in. The poor little girl is in a real state and is very skinny compared to Sophie's own hammy Susan!

They are not entirely sure of her age but the vet seems to think she is slightly older anything from 9months to 18 months.

The story goes that a clients cat had brought the hamster in planning on having her for dinner, but the lady found her and brought the poor girlie in. She must have been a stray, as the lady thought the cat caught the hamster in her garden. So this hamster has had a real traumatic day.

When she arrived at the vet Sophie sorted out a bigger box for her to stay in, and as soon as she put the water bottle on for her she ran straight over to it and didnt stop drinking for about half an hour and she has eaten a bowl of food already which is good because she needs fattening up!

Its such a shame she seems such a friendly girl who just needs a bit of time and a new lease of life!

here are some pics.......
Christabel004.jpg

Christabel002.jpg

Christabel001.jpg

If you are interested in adopting Cristabel please pm Sophiemarmion

Awww poor little thing.. makes ya wonder if its owners think she's a gonner after escaping :( I remember losing my old hamster for over a week.. didnt think id ever find him.. then he turned up inside a chair, must have lived off crumbs but dunno what he did for water :shock:

posters have been put up around the area she was found and there is a big notice up in the vets window. she is a lovely girl all she needs is someone to give her a loving home for the rest if her days!

sophie

aaah well done sophie! What a lucky hamster to survive the cat attack eh. Hope she finds a nice home soon :D

We've had a couple of 'lucky' animals brought in recently - not only the hamster from a cats mouth but a rabbit (Meadow) was rescued from a foxes mouth too!

yep the bunny survived and is now waiting for her forever home. she is on our website! she is a lovely girl too, these 2 are so friendly!

sophie

Awwwwwwwww, she is so cute :D I'm sure that with tons of TLC from Sophie she will soon have her new lease of life :D

chinakit (jane) has offered to adopt this little girl, the only problem being getting her up to bolton, dont suppose anyone is coming up from me to jane.

if not no worries, but thought i would ask anyway!!!

thanks

sophie

I'm going up to GBH rescue in Beckenham on Thursday (8th), and then up to Nottingham on Saturday (10th) - or think I am, anyway! Would this help at all? If someone could get her closer to GBH, and then someone could meet us around Nottingham area????

Back