• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dwarf advice

Jane

New Kit
Hello, I'm thinking about getting a rabbit or two. Does anyone know a good Dutch Dwarf breeder. .. especially a dwarf Thuringian or a dwarf black rabbit?? Thanks

Hiya Jane and welcome to Rabbits United :D :D
I am sorry but I do not know of any breeders of the bunnies you described, but we do have rabbit breeders in the Forum, so I wil try and flag one or two down to help you.Or try and PM Rexy Bexy she is a wealth of info :)
Have you contacted Petplan Pet Insurance as they have a booklet (or used to ) detailing all the bunny breeds and breeders in the UK.

The British Rabbit Council may be able to help if you contact them.
If you would consider having some rescue bunnies, Tamsins Rabbit Rehome web site lists all breeds of bunnies and you can pop a search in that to find your ideal ones :wink: :)

Best wishes

Hiya,

Welcome to the forum :D

Where did you get those breed names from? Dutch rabbits only come in one size - they are a medium ish breed:) Thuringian - you might mean Thuringer? They again only come is one size and I think they are a medium-large rabbit not dwarf. A small black black rabbit shouldn't be hard to find though.

There are several rescues with rabbits you could choose from in Nottingham area. Here is a list: http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/centres.asp#Nottinghamshire

Kirkby Pet Welfare : kirkbypetwelfare@hotmail.com would be a good place to start :D

Best wishes,
Tamsin

If you want a dwarf bunny, I would suggest a Netherland Dwarf :) They are the smallest out of all the rabbit breeds. Netherlands have a reputation of being flighty, but not all are like that. Consider a bunch of different breeds before you choose one. The best way to do this is go adopt a bun from a shelter, if you do you can see a bunch of different bunnies in one place and choose which one best suits you lifestyle.

~Amy

I can strongly recommend Kirkby Pet Welfare. They have some beautiful bunnies of all shapes, colours and sizes. Ruby came from there last week.

Oh, welcome to the forum!

Back