• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I thought I had best post an intro..lol...

littlecritterz

Warren Scout
hi all

Just realised i hadnt intro'd myself to you all (even though I have been posting in other sections).

I run a small animal rescue centre in Perth Scotland. We are a recognised Scottish Charity (SC 036219 )

We are funded mainly out of our own pockets and via public donations and adoption fees.

Our main residents tend to be bunnys. We currently have approx 25 bunnies, 3 chipmunks, 1 ferret, 1 hamster and 3 gerbils with approx 4 other bunnies on the waiting list. The rescue is run from my home.

We vaccinate all bunnies against myxo and neuter all our males. Hopefully, once funding allows, we will begin to spay the females too. We usually request a £30 donation for each rabbit (or £50 for a bonded pair) to help with the costs of vet/food/neutering/vaccination bills etc.

Ferrets are also spayed/neutered and vaccinated against canine distemper.

I have assistance from a few volunteers (which allows me time to promote our bunnies online and catch up with some paperwork :? )

I also have 3 kids aged 14, 9 and 3 years old plus a 16 year old stepdaughter who doesnt live with us(animals are so much better behaved :wink: ) and we also have 2 dogs, 2 cats (well possibly 3 as a young female kitten has just been dumped on us and she is adorable :D ) I also have 30 pet rats.....oh yeah, also have 1 husband...lol...

I love reading (especially James Patterson, John Grisham, Mary Higgins Clark and Jodi Piccoult). I am hooked on Lost and love Friends, most of the soaps and some sci fi series and movies. Have also tried my hand at poetry and had some published (although don't have much time for that now). I enjoy cooking (when I have the time) as long as it is something different....I get really bored cooking sausage and chips...lol... and as you may have already guessed I love to chat :lol: I also enjoy Bingo.....I know I have managed to make myself sound ancient but I am only 32 (but feel 82 on some days...lol..)

I love all animals (even those that think its ok to eat my fingers :lol: )
and hate animal cruelty and neglect.

hello and welcome :wave:

i have 4 children too aged 9 5 4 and 2 with 6 buns 2 cats 1 dog its all go in our house

Hi and welcome to Rabbits United :D You certainly like to keep yourself busy and yesssssss, the children are the hardest work :wink: :lol:

hi and welcome

its so good to know there are many people out there to help these bunnies ive started taking in bunnies in my area (eastbourne) at present i have 10 bunnies and 4 guinea pigs plus a husband a 2yr old and a 3 yr old i also run my own ironing busness work at a cattery and have several cleaning jobs all the bunnies that come to me i have neautered and i home check before they go which i dont actually think im allowed to do but no one has tried to stop me so far,any bunnies that come to me with problems stay with me till the end of there days.

A very warm
welcomefish.gif
to you

Sounds like you really have a handful there ....good luck.....32...you are just a baby still. I know what you mean....at one time I would have had my wee Jack Russel Toby rather than my kids....aint I awful :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back