• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Rabbits in desperate need!! *PIctures added*

Katie

Mama Doe
OK well I replied to a free ad advertising '4 rabbits with hutches' hmm sounded dodgy, so i e-mailed and asked for pics - OMG they are angora or angora x, look very matted from the pictures, theres 1 male and 1 female and 2 babies don't know sex. The male is in a 3ft hutch, he can barely stretch out, the picture is of him 'laying' but he cant lay properly he looks kinda of curled round, they obviously have no run for him asthey would be advertising that. The 3 others are also in a 3ft hutch, this has a run attatcehed but only a very tiny run. The conditions are appalling, the babies look very big so either the hutch is smaller than i thought or they are really old and therefore need to be sexed ASAP!!! OMG i really HAVE to get them out of there, i think they are asking £50 tho, i can't really afford that. I dont have room! The biggest hutch i have is 4ft x 2ft, so i guess FAR better than what they're in now, but still small, they would be out in a large run all day, or have free range i we were here, so i can take the male temporarily. The babies and female will need homes, I guess if they're ok in that hutch and run at night I can let them out during the day and they should be ok for a week or so - but i can't keep any permnantly. Can someone please help me. Ideally I need transport, my brother has a van so size isnt a problem, they're in DARTFORD, near the tunnel. If someone can get them down nearer me in BERKSHIRE, Sandhurst - i would be soo grateful. If anyone can take the mum and babies at all aswell? that wouldbe great!! I'll try and get him to give me them for a much lower price. These bunnies really are in need of rescuing... :cry:

OMG! i've just reread the ad, 1 girl is 2 years old and the other two are 1!!! theres 3 GROWN girls in a 3ft hutch with TINY run!!! this gets worse :cry:

tinyhutch21te.png

tinyhutch1cv.png

poorbunny9nz.png

dad7hu.png

I could take the mum and babys no problem ive space and can rehome them, let me no when, i carnt offer to get one to u but can get a lift to dartford. val

thank you so much!!! that leaves the male.. oh god i really dont know if i can take him on, aghh, lol i have myself in a hole :shock: i guess maybe a couple of days, but i cant get to dartford..

hi

Oh Katie - you really should give free ads a miss - look at the trouble it got me into! :shock: :D

I'm sure you'll get some more response today - maybe put this in the chat section too? Poor bunnies :(

Katie said:
thank you so much!!! that leaves the male.. oh god i really dont know if i can take him on, aghh, lol i have myself in a hole :shock: i guess maybe a couple of days, but i cant get to dartford..

katie how far away are you from dartford!?

I could take the male but I am a bit far away if a bunny run could be organised then it is no problem.

if you dont want the hutches maybe they will let the rabbits go free and they can still sell the hutches... i guess you just have to hope they dont refill them tho. They look gorgeous bunnies.. i hope they can be taken out of that home soon. :?

:cry: :cry: he now is asking 70, he wont split them, he wont just let the rabbits go, hes having someone else look at them today i've just e-mailed him asking what the situation is now.. i really hope that person is kind.

I agree that the conditions do look really cramped for the rabbits. However, the one good thing is they look well fed, and kept in clean conditions, clean water bottles etc.

Veronica

the food they're on is some sort of mix - so probably not that well fed! the water bottles are clean but it doesnt look like the hay is dry and it doesnt look as if they have anything at all in the outside bit of the hutch, they've gone to a new home now anyway, i've asked for contact details as there is a 'hutch a want to swap', ill try and explain to the new owners what is wrong here, if they don't know all ready *sigh* stupid bunny owners :evil:

Back