• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can't help crying

whenever I read the beautiful Rainbow Bridge poem. I'm sure this section must be a great comfort to all of us at the sad times we encounter.

I had a bit of a weep reading about all the poor bunnies and their partners, mummys and daddys. My hubby reminded me about how upset I was when my previous buns passed on, thats 14 years ago now, and when I look at photos of them I still feel sad. Apparently the reason my hubby is not too keen on the buns I have aquired recently is because he knows he will be sad when they are gone. (such a softie) I said that I try to look at it the other way, think of the joy they give us when they are here :D

thanks to Tamsin and Adele for setting this up, and for Marlene and Pam for your kind offers of support when we need it .

The poem always brings tears to my eyes too - but it is very hopeful and I truly believe that one day we will be reunited with our beloved bunnies and others who have passed before.

The pain that we have when an animal or a person dies is horrendous - but when you truly think about it, it is nothing when you compare it to the happiness and love that we shared with them while they were alive :D

Even now I can work myself into a right state when I think about Kim and Pie (and other pets who have passed) - however there is nothing wrong with a "good greet" and I think we should all realise that showing our feelings is a good thing.

lol Pam

I can see how many babies have gone to Rainbow Bridge without a comforting word from me. This was not intended, purely not being able to be on the forum as much as I would love to. This is to show I am thinking of you all.

Tamverse270805resized.jpg

Angelbunny.jpg

Marlene XX

I would like to say thank you too. As usual Tamsin and Adele come up trumps, and Marlene and Pam, you both look such lovely ladies, I am sure you will be a great comfort to lots of special people.

Alice x

Marlene said:
I can see how many babies have gone to Rainbow Bridge without a comforting word from me. This was not intended, purely not being able to be on the forum as much as I would love to. This is to show I am thinking of you all.

Tamverse270805resized.jpg

Marlene I just love this verse - its so beautiful - almost like the light coming through to lift the sadness we all feel when we loose a special animal pal - is there anywhere this could be kept within Rainbow Bridge or somewhere else so we can have this to hand when we need it as I'm useless at keeping things on one side for when they may come in handy - if you get my drift :roll:

Angelbunny.jpg

Marlene XX

Excellent idea, Lany! I am blubbing just thinking about it!!!! Ooooh dear, wish my heart was just a bit harder....... :oops:

Lany...the words are so comforting aren't they....I just love to think on my Toby and Hunny Bunny looking down at me and I think it is a celebration...just think how enriched all our lives have been because of our babies. Given time, the lovely memories will out weigh the pain which we feel and we will smile at all the antics and scrapes they got into to

I think I will ask Tam if these words can go on the introduction for Rainbow Bridge

Lizzie...never, ever wish your heart was harder...that is what makes you....YOU....kind and caring and sharing...never change please

Just to remind you of Hunny Bunny
DSC05920.jpg

DSC06030.jpg

I miss that little boy so much and I never met him :cry: :cry: :cry:

But you are right Marlene - we should celebrate the fact that they have given us such joy, love and companionship for no matter how long they where with us.

We have had to deal with so much sadness over the last three years since opening Ebony-Eyes - but the joy and the happiness that the buns have given us far outweighs anything else. We KNOW that they loved us dearly and that they trusted us - it's such a humbling feeling. I miss each and every one of my babies but I know that they are waiting for us and that in the meantime they are having a wonderful time. We also know that each one who leaves us spares some space for another bun who has been chosen to come here. We have no choice in that matter - Ebony, our very first bun and the one we call the Gatekeeper, he sends them to us and we can't let him or them down.

Treasure each and every second with your furry ones - then when that terrible pain does eventually subside, you can remember all the joy that they brought to you.

Thank you Jay :love:

Isn't great that we all seem to have great photos so we can look and smile and be happy!!!!!!!!

It still takes very special people like you and John to do what you do as you know your babies have special needs in the first place. Of course you know they loved you...how could they help it ...the care and love you gave them won back their trust. Big, big special hearts to do what you do for your babies

heart_beating_ty_wht.gif
heart_beating_ty_wht.gif
heart_beating_ty_wht.gif
heart_beating_ty_wht.gif

Lany wrote
Marlene I just love this verse - its so beautiful - almost like the light coming through to lift the sadness we all feel when we loose a special animal pal - is there anywhere this could be kept within Rainbow Bridge or somewhere else so we can have this to hand when we need it as I'm useless at keeping things on one side for when they may come in handy - if you get my drift

Tam has moved "Celebrate Me" to the introduction on Rainbow Bridge

Back