• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

randy gismo and bailey

gina paul

Mama Doe
last night they were jumping each other and trying to mate , its bad enough that they are both male but they are brothers too , tut tut . :roll: , anyway , its all very friendly and there is no fighting but they are both only 11 weeks old now , gismo,s doodahs are there but obviously they have just appeared and are no where near dropping yet , baileys are getting there but he is not as developed as gismo yet . How soon do you think I should wait to get them dressed ? The vet did say 4/5 months old is ideal but if this is what they are doing at 11 weeks , i can imagine what it will be like in a few months :roll: , anyone had this happen so early with a pair of males ?

when i was fostering timmy, tommy and tiny (debs2811 adopted timmy) they were only 9 weeks old and were mounting each other :shock:
which was very worrying as they are netherland dwarfs and mature a lot later on than other bunnies!

hope your 2 settle down! if they are big enough the vet should be able to do them at 12 weeks, our does but she is very experienced with bunnies now!

sophie

they are due to go back in 2 weeks for their vhd jabs so i,ll speak to him then , its not as if they are doing it all the time but i was shocked to see this so young , dirty little beggars , typical men :lol:

Back