• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Home available for Giant bunny ASAP !

pixie

Warren Scout
Hi,
looking for a Giant bunny .Just moved got all the fences put up now so im ready to rehome a bunny either English giant or continantal or large French lop.I live Teeside so i can drive , no longer than 3 hours to collect ideally i would prefer a young one.Please contact me if you have one that needs a home!! :wink:

Would you be prepared to travel as I have had an email this morning asking if I could take a Giant lop the only thing is she is in a rescue at the mo in Liverpool she is good with children and apparently very nice temprement.

Giant

Yes i seen the Ad's.I live teeside and can travel so far.Ive been ater a giant for a while but i was moving house we got messed about with our house move hence my previous ad's i have at long last moved! We have renewed all 6ft fencing around the garden.Its a large garden but the grass was 3ft high!!The house was empty for a year.The garden is safe now.There was a lady in Manchester had one but i had to let it go due to getting messed about by our buyers.Thankfully we have moved and our new home has a great garden so i can take a bunny.I prefer the larger varieties.English giant or continental giants.I would prefer one ASAP really as i have wanted one for a while and would have had one sooner if it wasnt for the delay in our house move.I can collect from a reasonably way but not too far! Im looking for a young rabbit preferably male ! Please contact if anyone has one thats suitable.

This one is a female and is 4.5 yrs old, I will definately keep my eyes and ears open for you.
Kay

giant

kay
thanks
ive been on a few rescue sites looking , some of them dont even bother to email you back !Hopefully i will find one.Ive already been in touch with the vet , they said as soon as i adopt one bring it in for any jabs and a full check up.So hopefully there is a bunny out there needing a good home.

Is London too far for you? It's just that I have had an email asking for a home for a 12 week old French Lop - and they get big :D

This is the mail I recieved for one of the groups that I manage. It has a phone number on etc - but not much else.

i have a french lop that i sadly have to rehome due to teh break up of
my relationship.
its 12 weeks old and is fully house trained and comes complete with
house cage carry basket and litter tray i can deliver to the local
area
please contact me on 07745305418
im in the south london area
the rabbit can be seen in the home whenever you wish

I would love it to be homed - it sounds really lovely.

Ooops, should have put her email address on as well :roll: Here it is:
popeye01uk@yahoo.co.uk

Rescue centres are often very busy, sometimes too busy to reply to emails. If you're really keen on getting some rabbits I suggest you either ring them or go and visit.

Is Nottingham too far to travel? Kirkby pet Welfare have a lot of bunnies, some of them huge! You'll have to ring though. Hope you find one soon.

giants

Hi,
ive emailed rescues near my are some have not replied others dont have any i will keep lookin.Its a giant in particular i want

Hiya,

I'd suggest you call the rescues rather than emailing.. you may get more response.

Tam

There are a reasonable number in rescues, especially if you have transport. You do need to keep at it if you want to track one down though. Call the rescues. They get swamped with email from people making enquiries so don't always respond quickly. You get a better answer by phone as it takes more effort so they know your keener. Actually taking to the rescues you might find they know of another rescue with a bun or have something on the waiting list.

Tam

giants

Ive been in touch with quite a few and animal sanctuarys but no giants are in at the moment

Back