• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How often..

Katie

Mama Doe
Do you clean out your bunnys? Mine's litter trays are done every day - sometimes twice :shock: and the whole hutch about every few weeks, they dont mess in this bit at all and the litter trays are in a closed off section so apart from a top up of straw and hay veryday i leave it be!

what about you?

All litter trays daily. The indoor buns get swept out daily and the outdoorsies about once a week. Within 5 minutes it's back to the way it was - full of poos and they've shredded all the nice clean newspaper, argh!

I removed all the poo when i see it and everything gets scrubbed and cleaned completly on a saturday! New shavings bedding the lot! the paths in the runs all get cleaned and disinfected it takes me about an hour every other evening and the whole day saturday XX

I used to do the whole hutch weekly, but since having Bunny and Flossie together I do it twice a week, I change the bedding in the bit they litter in every day

Hi - Monty's litter tray is cleaned daily and his bedding once a week. Ever since Monty had mites his cage is disinfected every week (I used to only use soapy water every few weeks). He is quite house proud really and keeps it quite clean, unless he has a stroop and starts tearing up the news paper :lol:

Oh Dear - I'm afraid I'm a real bunny slave - sometimes I think I'll end up on Paul Mckenna's show for some kinda obsession house bunny clean behaviour :lol: :lol: :lol:

My Bunster crew are all cleaned, fed and freshly watered twice daily which means I have to normally get up around 6.00 am before I head off to work - (specially as they all have to have cuddles before I go) :lol: :lol:

Then there is Zac's routine as he's a single bun - special cuddles in the evening when he comes down and plays downstairs - they all have a carrot treat before going to bed and top up of hay trays and good night kisses of course :roll:

see told ya! - bonkers or what :lol: :lol: :lol:

cleaning

Litter tray: every day or every second day depending which litter I'm using.

Dog Pen: once a week, sometimes less, Jack is pretty clean and always uses his litter tray!!

Rabbit Room: once a week, sometimes more often if he's dragged hay everywhere or we're getting visitors.

Water/ food bowl: every day.

My indoor rabbits get a fresh tray every day, the outdoor rabbits get one every other day and a whole hutch clean out every week.
Old Lace who has vetbed gets the poo picked up every time I do something to her - 5 or 6 times a day, poor thing, and the vet bed washed every day.

litter trays daily, main hutch twice a week or as needs be. indoor bunny daily. makes me cringe to think that when i had my first bunnies 15 years ago (OMG is it that long!) the norm was once a week, scary...

clean the litter tray once or twice a day and wash there towel and basket every week though they use to towels on floor during one week while the other is being washed

lisa

I clean mine out daily, cos they have their own bedroom so i clean litter trays, clean poop up and hover the room. Much to their annoyance, they spend all day making it how they want it and then i come in and clean it all up :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would never clean more than once a week, and I only properly disinfect twice annually. The biggest clean in spring. Dirty trays/corners are done daily. I don't like cleaning too much as there is good reason to believe that animals (and children) can be kept too clean, so making more suseptable to allergies and illness etc.

Litter box/tray; Everyday.
Bedding; Once a week.
Everything entirely cleaned and scrubbed/disinfected; Once a week, or whenever it looks like it needs to be.
New food; Daily.
New water; Daily.

Back