• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Snuffles (again!)

**Bonnie**

Mama Doe
Hi again everyone!

Alfie had the snuffles, he is well in him self, eating jumping around etc. Anyway, He has been on antibiotics for nearly ten days but he is still sneezing!!

Has anyone else had this - surely it should be cleared up by now??

Am taking him to the vets tomorrow for VHT injection and a check up, hopefully i'll get some more antibiotics but am very dissapointed he is still sneezing :cry:

one of our rescue buns was sneezing bad but it cleared up after 2 lots of antibiotics. he had a runny eye too but unfortunatly cant seem to clear that up.

Well the vet said he has a cold...and then i spoke to him on the phone and explained Snuffles and Pasturella Mucous but said it was hard to judge until he sees him (tomorrow)

it hasn't gone to his chest because another vet 9his partner at the practice) checked that 2 weeks ago, he seems find in himself but has sneezing fits and snotty nose!!!

The antibiotics dont seem to have done anything!

Awwww sorry to hear your buns is still sneezing. Our young buck started sneezing when he was 13 weeks old. He has had 3 courses of Baytril and a two week course of Ronaxan and he still sneezed. :( He is just over 6 months old now.

After seeking advice from the vet a couple of weeks ago, it has been agreed that we shall not give him anymore antibiotics and see how he goes. Only if he gets any worse then he will happily treat Rooby with Baytril. Having just read your post, it has occurred to me that Rooby hasn't sneezed very much lately - we are somewhat puzzled by this.

Perhaps a longer course of Baytril will do the trick. I have been advised that it can take a while to have any effect. I know it hasn't worked for Roobs but there is always hope.

Please let us know how things go and wish your buns a speedy recovery.

Jo

even though he is on medication , you may find that the sneezing and snuffling may take a while to lift even though he feels better in himself . It may never really go but you may only get the occasional sneeze . Cheekys was under control but did flare up from time to time , he did always have the odd sneeze or two every day but he was ok in himself .

Back