• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet Squirrel

Tamsin

Administrator
Staff member
Post of behalf of Jill:

Meet Squirrel..
bun2.jpg

..He's a beautiful bunny who has been saved by a friend of mine. She found him living in a "hutch" approximately 1 foot long :cry:
At present her daughter is looking after him but is unable to keep him long-term, so he's looking for someone special to take him home.
bun3.jpg

bun4.jpg

In some of the pictures he may look terrified..that's because he is..he has not been handled and does struggle when picked up and tries to hide in the floor of his cage when he hears a human approaching.
bun1.jpg

He is not aggressive just scared and will allow you to stroke him if approached gently. With time and the right care he will make a lovely pet.
He will need a lot of patience and love to realise that humans can be ok. If you feel you can give him the time he deserves please pm Honeybunny (aka Jill)

squirrel

No idea at all Eve..he is a beautiful bunny..but extremely timid..I think a bunny companion would probably be good for him..it's humans he's wary of. He is somewhere between 1 year and 18 months and he's not neutered but I will get him vacs before he's rehomed. Anyone who offers him a home will be expected to get him neutered ASAP.
For those of you who haven't seen me before (where have you been?! :shock: ) Squirrel is in Leicester being looked after by his Auntie Kirsty who would love to keep him but already has her bunny allowance!!

arh well sarah marshal hasnt got back to me yet about the magpie, and if she doesnt i will take him,as i only have one spare hutch available!

Eve x

Re: Squirrel

honeybunny said:
Eve you're a star! :D When will you know about the magpie?

no idea she was supposed to ring me tonight! :roll: so i will give her a few days i suppose!

Eve x

jill just to let you know that sarah is bringing holley the magpie to me on tuesday so unfortunately cant take this bunny on, i hope he finds a home soon

eve x

bun

Is there anyone who can give this boy a home.....? Surely he deserves a chance of a loving place to call his own?

home

Looks like Squirrel may have a home! :D I will be taking him down to Dorothy along with the lovely Jasper on Tuesday all being well...So fingers crossed!

bun

dorothy is not sure whether to take Squirrel or not ..mainly due to her not having a female to pair him with ..once he's neutered of course...so if anyone else is interested in offering this poor bunny a home please let me know..

edited to add...please ignore the above a bit of confusion ( down to old age probably :oops: ) Dorothy IS having Squirrel!!

:lol: :lol: Two bunnies arriving Tuesday Yaayyyy :roll: . I'm sure Squirrel will be happy here. I have taken in so many traumatised bunnies that don't like humans, I just love to watch them change and get their confidence however long it takes. What on earth kind of a hutch was that that was only a foot long, I will never understand some people :( .

Right I'm off into the attick to get another cage down :? .

Suzynicl this is a very old thread..look at the dates:shock: :lol:
Squirrel went to live with Dorothy for about 18 months then she had to rehome him due to her ill health..he is now a very lucky boy as lives with Chloe AKA Chloaster as part of her large bunny group:D

Phew!!! Thought I was going a bit doolally there when I saw my bun at the top of RIN - thought there's either something a bit odd going on or Squirrel has an identical twin with the same name!! :lol:

:oops: how embarrasing!!!!! :lol:

I did look at the dates....:roll: but my partner had briefly shown me the other 'squirrel' earlier on in the evening saying that he looked really cute (trying to find boyfriend for female bun) and I decided to search 'squirrel' out on the forum incase there was anymore photos or info about him. Saw 'squirrel' come up, thought there can't possibly be two 'squirrels' as quite an unusual name, photo came up and being late decided he looked like the one I saw earlier.......:roll:

Did think it was odd he hadn't been rehomed in a good few years though!!!! :lol: :lol:

Phew!!! Thought I was going a bit doolally there when I saw my bun at the top of RIN - thought there's either something a bit odd going on or Squirrel has an identical twin with the same name!! :lol:

by the way chloaster how is 'squirrel'!!!!??????:lol: :lol: :lol:

Back