• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Monkey World!

sophiemarmion

Alpha Buck
dont know how many if you have been down to monkey world in dorset but i thought i would post some of the pictures that i took when i went back in may for my birthday! the people there are lovely they do a great job looking after the monkeys, the monkeys were very sweet too, some of the stories were heartbreaking! any way here are the piccies...

monkeyworld004.jpg

monkeyworld003.jpg

monkeyworld011.jpg

monkeyworld002.jpg

hope you like them! :D

sophie

aawww yeah i went there a few years back now. Its a great place and i love monkeys! Only problem with it tho is i took a boy in a wheelchair and its all hilly! i was knackered!!!
My favourite bit was when you go through a walk and little monkeys are running around you :D

I watch it weekdays on animal planet :oops: Tis on at 1pm :D

Did you go in their small animal area? They contacted me a little while ago about adopting some rabbits!

Tam

oooh wow.. i dont remember seeing rabbits but then i went years ago.. also i didnt have a rabbit then so probably wasnt that fussed to look :? :lol:

my mum would love to go there as she watches it on tv all the time . I keep telling her that they would keep her tho :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

yes i did got to the farm bit, thought that the donkey looked quite sad! the bunnies were happy enough though running around enhoying themselves! are you interested in adopting rabbits tamsin???

sophie

I'd love to adopt some rabbits, unfortunately I think my dad would object :lol: No Monkey World were looking for some rabbits to adopt.

You do have some cuties though, if I was looking - and I'm definately not - I'd be very tempted.

Tam

i used to watch that show on tv and once they came to were i live and rescued a small monkey that was in a pet shop it was in a cage in the shop but it had access to the upper floor but upstairs was a mess if anyone saw it they would have known how bad it was. i used to remember going into that pet shop and they had those tiny little monkey things and they were just running around the shop.

I'm a great fan cause of the tv prog, and would love to get a chance to actually visit.

For my birthday, my mum 'adopted' one the chimps - Johni - for me, and I'm looking at her piccie as I type this.

I think Jim and Alison do some really fantastic work for all the apes there.

Jude

when we go to weymouth which is most years we are forever in there and we normally end up taking a big box of goodies for all the cheeky chimps.

I adopt Charlie every year and have also adopted Trudy in the past,when we go we spend the whole day there,and top up on goodies from the shop.

It's best to go during the week as it can get full of squeeling babies or horrible little kids banging on the glass,during the weekend.

We have spoken to Jeremy and Mike the keepers,when we go we allways take one of our little chimps (Jack)

jak.jpg

I agree we need to get out more :lol:

:love: Samantha

We have been lots of times and love it, we spend the whole day there watching the monkeys going about their daily business, haven't seen the bunnies though so must go again soon to check them out. We have adopted 3 monkeys, a chimp called Ben, a baby orangutan and a capachin called gizmo. It is a fantastic place and we never tire of it, would recommend it to all.

http://www.monkeyworld.co.uk/main.php

I do think that Charlie is amazing - he has been thru so much and has been so mistreated yet he still trusts Jeremy and the other keepers - really makes you think :eek:

I've adopted Sally in the past - think she's quite a gal aswell. In fact it was seeing her first meeting with Seamus that got me hooked on the program. She looked at his little hands and feet, and reminded me so much of the girls in the office I used to work in, when someone on maternity leave came in with their new baby :wink:

Anyone out there who has cable tv and hasn't watched - you don't know what you're missing :)

Jude (with apologies to those who don't have cable :wink: )

I love going to Monkey world, And I always watch monkey buisness aswell. The local radio always has updates and supports their work.
I live about 10 miles from it and go 2-3 times a year although I always aviod it in july- august it is sooo busy.
We are taking Luke (who will be 1 next month) on his birthday.

Tracey

baby04 said:
I love going to Monkey world, And I always watch monkey buisness aswell. The local radio always has updates and supports their work.
I live about 10 miles from it and go 2-3 times a year although I always aviod it in july- august it is sooo busy.
We are taking Luke (who will be 1 next month) on his birthday.

Tracey

You are so lucky living down there it is such a fantastic part of the world, we love Corfe castle and stayed at the mortens house hotel once very posh :D
We also had a week down there last year and stayed in Wareham, we went to swanage, lyme regis, bournemouth and also saw the chalk giant with the large......... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I would love to live near the sea, when i retire that is where i am heading, me, Mark and the bunsters off to Dorset :D :D :D

Back