• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

ceporex injections anyone?

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
If any of your buns have been on this, what dossage were they given?

Many thanks

yep my santa was on those injections, will have a think of what he was on and get back to you.

why has your bunny got to go on them?

sophie

Thank you Buster needs them for eyes, they are really bad and nothing willhelp him. My vet has been doing research but because it isn't recommended for bunnies she can't find anything on it.

santa was on 0.25ml twice a day and he was a dwarf lop.

santa had to have his eye removed and the ceporex was used to try and get rid of the infection that was behind his eye.

santa had a swab taken and the ceporex was one of the only drugs that he was sensitive too.

good luck, hope your bunny is ok.

sophie

Thank you, with a bit of luck it will clear it up. We may have to have his eye removed if it doesn't too, it's been bad for a while, I'm cleaning it twice/ three a day and it's started to smell, not a good sign :(

can your vet not send away a swab to show what antibiotics it is sensitive and resistant too!

i know we were trying lots of things with santa that werent doing anything for him as the bacteria was resistant.

sophie

Hiya Imay be being stupid, but I think he's had a swab, because he was checked for pasterella (spelling), my vet was concered that because it's not actually registered for bunnies, she wasn't sure of the dossage, all she could find was the dossage for cats and dogs.

Tree have you used Tiacil drops for his eyes Tree? Fucithlamic was doing nothing for Lace's eye, which looked like a piece of meat, so I asked the vet for Tiacil instead. A week later it is fine, well as close to fine as it will be until she stops lying on it all the time :? It is pale pink now instead of bright red, with no swelling. It took cleaning it 5 or 6 times a day and putting the drops in 3 times. Aloe soothe cream round the edges too as the skin all around it was inflamed and thick. She is having baytril and penicillin injections too of course for her head tilt, but without the Tiacil those didn't help at all.

Back