• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Am I`m looking for things that aren`t their???

bunnies

Alpha Buck
God I think I`m going mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bracken has been under treatment for inner ear infection with jabs and panacur which ended today, up today he has looked good but tonight he fell onto his side when i put him back in the hutch after a cuddle, has he relapsed!!! We go back to the vets on friday also my other bun has wax in her ears as i had a look tonight and can see it she`s also been scratchin a bit.

Am i over reacting with bracken, i know it takes time but how long???? I`m very worried/stressed about him and now her I`ll be on tablets before long.

I`m also going on holiday on the 8th sept for 2 weeks and my neighbour who is bunny educated is looking after them, but am worried about leaving her with 1/2 ill rabbits, nobody ever looks after your animal like you do, i know my 2 and can tell normally when things are wrong.

Sorry for going on but I feel that i`m going mad :( :( :( :(

Don't worry! I'm extremely paranoid about my buns especially with Squidgy being susceptible to tummy trouble and after losing Nougat to flystrike.. If you're worried, can you take them to the vets tomorrow? It'll put your mind at rest if nothing else.
Hope they're both ok. Lots of cuddles.

The build up of wax in the ears could be ear mites possibly brought on by stress. As to the relapse only a vet could properly advise.

I was very worried about leaving mine with my mum when I was on holiday as Zeus had been very ill but luckily we got him to a stable stage with constant painkiller which took him through the holiday.

Some vets offer boarding and this may make you feel happier about leaving them if they are in the care of professionals!

Caz

Back