• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rest In Peace Benji

Toby

Banned
Benji was put to sleep at 9:40 this morning. Over the past couple of days he just got to bad, his legs gave in, he stopped eating and drinking, he was a bag of bones, he was toileting on himself and you could smell that his kidneys had gone. Surely the kindest thing to do was to have him put to rest?
I never got to say good bye because he lived in Grimsby with my mum, dad and brother and I live in Surrey. My mum said goodbye to him and sat in the waiting room while my brother (aged 20) went in while he was sorted out – my mum just couldn’t watch and I don’t think I could either. The whole thing only took 1 minute. I had that dog when I was younger then 6, all my memories involve Benji but today it all came to an end. My mum brought him home from the vets and he was buried in the field (where he loved to go) in a hidden spot.

*This link contains a photo of Benji shortly after death – he look peaceful but don’t click if you are upset by this kind of thing.*
http://www.freewebs.com/designsonly/hols 255.jpg
(I wiil take this link off in a couple of days)

I am trying not to cry because I have done so many times and I don’t want too, I am trying to smile for him because his made me very proud....I am so proud of him.

This is the only part of having animals I don’t like.

Sleep Tight Benji...

Oh ema i am very sorry Xx he is at peace now and he had a wonderful life with you and your mum XXXX

I'm really sorry to hear this news. Sleep tight Benji, you had a lovely life. It's so very hard when a dog is put to sleep, I cry my eyes out if any of the dogs at work have to be put to sleep!

Expect he is bouncing about up there with all the other doglets :)

Nicola

emma ,

i don,t know what to say , i,m at work just now but i am so so sorry to hear that . i,ll pm u later honey . xx

I am so sorry, Emma. I hope that he is now holding paws with my sweet Harriet and they are running in the green fields full of sunshine together. :love:

I am so sorry to hear that Benji has gone - its so sad but it was the best thing Emma.
I hope my darling baby boy Sam is running around with Benji too :cry: :cry:

Oh Emma I'm so sorry but it really was the kindest thing for him and the part that everyone dreads but I hope you'll be able to remember all the brill times you had with him and that he had such a loving home too.

Sending hugs.

Sorry to hear about Benji Emma, he sounds like he had a wonderful life. Just think of all the good times you had together and I'm sure that will help ease the pain.

Awww Emma I am so very sorry, at least he is now at peace and you and your family have got so many happy memories and so has Benji. I lost 2 of my Labs the week before Easter so I know they will look after Benji for you.
Take care
Love & hugs
Kayxx

I have been thinking so much of you Emma and am so sorry. It was kinder to let him go and I think you know that it was the best thing for him

Take care

Love
aniback11.gif
from

oh Emma, I'm so sorry about Benji! It so hard isn't it but Benji would have been glad that you let him go peacefully.
thinking of you

I am so sorry Emma..sleep tight wee man, there are lots of rainbow buns there to look after you ((xxxxx))

Back