• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my poor Buffy

gizmo

Mama Doe
buffy.jpg

this is buffy, she was a cashmer lop. she died abut this time last yr. she was taken in to the vets where my sister works. her fur was matted and coverd in poo and her owners said they wanted her put to sleep, but my sister said that i would take her. when i got her they had shaved off most of her fur and she was very skitish, but after a while i got her used it me. on one of those hot days last yr i went out and when i came home buffy didnt look to good. she was just laying at the back of her hutch and would not move. i thourght that she had got to hot so i gave her plenty of water and phoned my mum. i was the only one in and i had no way of getting her to the vets. when my mum came home later that night, buffy seemed to have picked up. the next morning my mum checked up on her (shes always awake before me) but buffy was bad again. she called down my other sister and when she picked buffy up she was coverd in maggots. we cleaned her up as best we could and went to the vets. she stayed over night an alison brought her over the next day( they shaved all her fur off this time). she seemd fine but the next day i went down to see her, she was lying on the cage floor and when she saw me she tryed to push her self towards me like she alwas did. i took her inside and she died in my arms. i felt like i had let her down. she had been so mistreated and then i got her and she was so happy and then i let that happen :cry: :cry: . ill always miss u buffy.

Aaawwwww Buffy was a beautiful Fluffy Bunny, so sorry that it is the anniversary of her passing to Rainbow Bridge :(
Buffy will live forever in your heart and it is nice to know of her through your lovely photo, now I will think of her too :)
Big hugs and love winging their way to you.
Adele and the Sanctuary bunnies

buffy

She was a lovely bun and dont be too hard on yourself a lot of people are not aware of flystrike until it happens to their rabbit. It is so sad that you lost her, but learn from it and if you have or are thinking of getting another bunny you'll know to check them regularly.
I'm sure Buffy knew you did your best.

Back