• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how about a pet accessory wanted/sale

cazza269

Mama Doe
I was just wondering if anybody...obviously Tamsin and adele, seeing it is you guys site, would think a place to post pet items wanted/for sale would be useful on here? I think it could be very useful maybe for rescues who are selling old equipment and also for pet owners to grab a possible bargain if their budget doesnt quite stretch to the item they would like but cant afford to buy new

I also wondered if it was worth having a "rabbits wanted" section. I thought that perhaps rescuers don't have the time to post details of all their rabbits, but there was a fair chance that someone on here would know of a bun needing a home to fit a description someone gives for what they are looking for? Would possibly need some kind of vetting though, which I know means extra work for our lovely Admin people :love:

We're noting everything down. We don't want to add too much at once otherwise you'll have a giant long page of sections and never be able to find anything.

We also need to take time on ponder on any issues that might come up, for example how selling things and having a no advertising policy could fit together and what about poeple wanting to sell their own products etc.

So don't expect them to turn up tommorow but they may at some point in the future :D

Tam

Thanks Tamsin, it was just an idea I had floating and wanted to share :), personally I think it should be kept to people passing on or selling old equipment for their animals that they know could be of use to others, rather than using it as somewhere to sell anything :) Thanks for letting me know it is a consideration, as I say, I had an idea and wanted to share :D

Another forum has a swapshop where they can ask for donations to go to a rescue of their choice. Don't no whether that would get you round the advertising problem.

Yes i agree a swap shop would be good,we could either swap items no longer needed with each other or as kay says ask for a donation to a rescue

Yeah if it's done the right way it can work great. Animal forums I have been on before have done this and sometimes people end up giving things for free coz they really want to get rid of them or free and just pay for p&h. It is also a good place for people to get rid of things they don't need coz their bun has passed away.

I think a swapshop is good.
I tend to list unwanted pet items on my Ebay site on my signature, but it's not always successful :roll:

Back