• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ideas needed for new rabbit shed

Estelle

Wise Old Thumper
I'm so excited, Hobbes and Phoebe are having their own rabbit shed to live in!
They live in a hutch at the moment and have free run of the garden when we are at home.

It isn't full height as its a storage shed but its got lots of floor space and we are adding a second floor. Its going to have a run attatched on the side so the rabbits can have some exersise while we are at work and I could actually have some plants in the garden! :lol:
I'm wondering what kind of sleeping arrangement to make for them, especially as it will be their first winter outside. I could make a wooden hidey hole box with a blanket in it but worried about them using it as a toilet :roll: or one of those furry cat igloos but it would have to be big enough for two.
What do your rabbits sleep in? Any idea's or pictures would be great.

I don't know if your shed would be tall enough for this:
shed.jpg

I built the sleeping compartments off the ground so they would have the full space to move around in. They seem to like it. :D

hutch_30_apr_05.jpg

We have a 4 foot hutch inside our playhouse. I think your shed will be much bigger than this. Why don't you put a hutch inside? If you put it on feet then there will be room underneath and they might even jump on top.
Also a hutch is easier to get into to clean.

Not sure if anybody would be intrested, but we have been in talks with the guy who did our hutch, and have asked him to quote us on a wendy house conversion into a dbl layer hutch, with run, to be honest its not going to be very cheap i.e. around £300+ but might be an idea for people with the space.

this would be the base structure for the convesion

will.jpg

Hi

Mine are not in the shed yet, I just got an 8ft by 7ft and all 14 pigs are in there right now and im putting my bunnies in come the winter, im going to get a cage with a ramp so they can get into it and out of it.

This wont be freedom all day but when they get their daily run about they can go in and out. I have a big shed and all piggies run around, well not all together, girls first thewn boys. You could still build a ramp if you do have the cage in your shed, mine jump in and out with no ramp as their cages are low but im still putting one on..I have electric and lights in it so they can run all night til i go to bed.

Sweety

Its not as big as those sheds. Measurements are 0.8mD x 1.8mW x 1.5mH

shed.jpg

As you can see rabbits are dying to get in it! We are adding a second floor with a ramp and a run on the side.
I was wondering whether to put this in it that i got for the cat but she never uses

catpost.jpg

they could snuggle up inside it if it got cold.

This looks just like what my buns have at the moment.

I have removed 2 boards from each side at the top and replaced it with mesh for ventilation. The hutch is inside, and they can run in and out in the day as I attach some panels to make a run.

I have just ordered a full sized shed, beacuse as I have discovered in the bad rain recently, it is a nightmare cleaning out hutches in a rain storm!!!

hi

Hi

Thats looking good, it gives them enough room, in fact I looked at one of those yesterday, and the cat thing is also a good idea, rabbits like things like that, although my sons wrestling ring is not a good option :lol: mines in that right now..lol...

Heres my new shed

shed.jpg

less than most from B&Q.. £199 its 8ft by 6ft and I have all my 14 pigs in it and hope to get the bunnies in when winter sets in..

I did consider something like yours though, if not I have some wood to make a frame and add some plastic roofing which something gave me which come from a conservitory, then I can make like a shelter.

sweety

Back