• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Hope won't eat!

bruciesbabe

Young Bun
Since I got my new bunny 3 weeks ago, Hope won't eat her dry food, all she will take is kale and hay! She was at the vet yesterday and she is healthy enough, has anyone else had this trouble?

Hi Eve, Hope is on Johnsons premium dried food. She has been on that for ages. I think her nose is out of joint with the new bunny! As I say, the vet says she is healthy, but it still doesn't stop you worrying right? I have tried hiding her food and making it a game. She WILL take treats from me and she is taking her hay and kale.

OH i thought you meant the new bunny! i have the sort of same problem with the johnson, i have just got rocket and he was on that johnson (and i dont mean to offend but that mix is ****, its one of the worst i have seen!
and he doesnt appear to eat much of it, but i am putting that down to the fact he has had a stressful week!

i dont know why you bunny wont eat it, i have never had problem with eaters as my lot are all pigs! :lol:

but i would suguest getting your bunny off that johnson, if my rocket doesnt start eatting his ss he is gonna starve because i dont know anywhere round her that sells it!

sorry i could be much help

eve x

Thanks Eve :D I used to always feed hope on Suparabbit excel, but then I was told that too much of that isn't good for them! Ahh, what do you do for the best? I'll go to the petshop today and try something different. Do you use any dried food which has seeds in it?

bruciesbabe said:
Thanks Eve :D I used to always feed hope on Suparabbit excel, but then I was told that too much of that isn't good for them! Ahh, what do you do for the best? I'll go to the petshop today and try something different. Do you use any dried food which has seeds in it?

hi there i would avoid mixes altogether and go for a pellet, somethink like science selective by russel rabbit, or burgress or allen and page!

Eve x

Back