• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Leaving Alfie when i go on holiday

**Bonnie**

Mama Doe
Hi all,

I am going away for 4 days at the beginning of September and then again for a week on the 23rd.

The trouble is.....i really dont want to leave Alfie.

My mum said she will have him which is great and she is good with animals but my concern is that my mum doesn't get home from work until 8.30pm and Alfie is used to being out from 6 onwards so he won't be able to go out as much as usual.

Also...what are rabbits like being taken to a strange place?? I am taking him in his hutch but will he miss me?? do they adapt well to change and being somewhere else for a week??

Am so worried about leaving him its ridiculous...does anyone else get like this??

thanks x

aawww im sure Alfie will be just fine!
Mine are house rabbits so are used to running around my flat. When ive gone away i have left them at my parents for a few days where they had a room to run around in.. of course they loved this and soon got used to me not being there. When i had my week's holiday in the summer they went to Cheryl's who runs a rescue. They stayed in a 6 foot hutch in a shed and they seemed perfectly happy with that! They ate lots and didnt seem in too much of a rush to come out of the hutch when i went to get them!! :shock: :lol: Im sure he will notice you arent there but mine certainly seem to adapt really well to changes. I guess all rabbits are different but as long as she has his favourite foods/toys etc im sure he will be just fine :D

I've found mine do adapt to the changing surroundings... its the car journey thats the most stressful part for them (probably associate it with Vets visits). As long as he has some familiar things e.g. toys etc. and gets attention from your Mum, he should be fine. Enjoy your break!

Thanks guys...well he will have his hutch with all his stuff in so at least that is familiar and he has meet my mum a few times! also, the car journey is literally a 5 min drive!

I've also told my brother (who lives with my mum) to make sure he gives Alfie lots of attention!!!

I'm going to really miss the little fella!!

Back