• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My bunny life story (including bunny pictures, obviously!)

AlisonA

Warren Veteran
As a new member I thought I'd better show you pics of my former and current bunnies - I did have bunnies before these ones, but these are the ones of those I've had since finishing Uni. I'm not sure digital photography had been invented before then :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Firstly, the late great Fluffybunny (the lop), who was my first bunny as an adult. I took him in from someone who loved him dearly but who had a young baby and couldn't cope with him, too. He is pictured here with a young Minnie-the-Minx (Minxy) who has just such HUGE ears in this photo, who I adopted from a rescue and bonded him to after being a mean mummy and having his crown jewels chopped off!
Fluffy-bunny_and_Minxy3.jpg

Then when Fluffybunny passed away, I got Timmy from a rescue and bonded him with Minxy (note the vain attempt at stopping them from eating the lavender all in one mouthful :lol:
DSCF0161.jpg

The beautiful Minx:
DSCF0163.jpg

As I've just posted in another thread, my beautiful baby was killed by a fox (it took us some time to work out what had happened, we thought that a person had done it at first) and Timmy was so traumatised that he wouldn't go outside. I got him a new pal, a bunny destined for a meat market - Mrs Trippy:
3ef519c0.jpg

Sadly, with them indoors I turned out to be terribly allergic to Timmy, so I ended up having to get them rehomed, as he just wouldn't go outdoors again. I found them a lovely home with someone who worked at a local vet's surgery and while I miss him terribly, I know it was for the best.

After that, I made my shed and run far more secure (I thought they already were!) and went and got myself Harry (black lop) and Miss Daisy from a local rescue centre:
naughtyharry3.jpg

DSCF0017.jpg

missdaisy.jpg

They were a right pair and it was love at first sight, they led each other into all sorts of mischief! Not a few weeks after adopting the pair of them, my husband ended up being offered a job in Switzerland, and so I was then faced with the decision of what to do! Not only did I have 2 new rabbits, but we also had a 17 year old cat, Sooty (who sort of adopted me about 9 years ago after his owners got a dog and he would no longer go in the house):
0c790ec1.jpg

Word of mouth led us to some old friends (one of whom worked at a vets surgery) who were looking to rent somewhere for a year, so we had the perfect solution - we were able to go abroad, and I didn't need to rehome any of my pets! Our time abroad has taught us what we miss so much about England - for me, my pets, for my husband - motorsport, so we have decided to come back home and are due back this coming weekend!!! Sadly, last weekend, our tenants rang to say that Miss Daisy had passed away - they said she was fine in the morning and they found her just lying dead in the run in the afternoon. It was this event that led me to find this wonderful forum, as I was obviously straight on the case for trying to get a new girlfriend for Harry as soon as I arrive home!

Phew! Well that's my life story, so now you know!

I love hearing how people got involved in buns and about their past and present ones :D Your buns are all gorgeous and I especially like Minxy with those wonderfully big ears....... so cute :lol: Its great to have you here, welcome to the forums :D

Thanks all - I feel that I should point out that the above all happened over the space of about 10 years :lol: :lol:

Counting down the days now; I become a bunny and cat mum again on Saturday :thumb:

Back