• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

HELP - Rabbit ear bitten

happybunny

Mama Doe
I have just checked on the rabbits in the garden to find that Max has a chunk of his ear missing. Max in in a run by himself but Harvey is runnig around the garden free.

I think Harvey must have had a go at Max through the wire and managed to damage his ear.

Max is a lop and the missing peice is about half a cm square. What do I do. Max is not all bloody but it must hurt! What can O do to help and do you think he needs to go to the vet. He seems ok in himself and is running around.

Thanks

keep it clean and take him to the vet if u think its nasty but if its been bitten off the bottom it should heal on its own. If the bite is in the mibble of the ear then again keep it clean, i would bath with salt water. keep an eye, if its get red or angry looking he will need antibiotics. val

sorry i dont know but if your worried id take him to the vet as if he gets an infection or is in pain it might make him stop eatting you know your bun best so go with the gut felling

It is just the bottom of the ear that is missing. We actually found the missing peice next to the run (I felt sick).

We have put Harvey in the run (as punishment) and let max run free in the garden. He has never been let free before so thats a treat and we can also see if he looks happy.

Thanks for your replies. I still feel really bad but I think we shall wait before booking a vet appointment.

My poor baby Max!

Back