• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Straw is it good or bad

ryanh72

Mama Doe
i have just cleaned out the babies for the first time as they are 3 weeks old tomorrow so i thought it would be a good time well i put russel rabbit bedding straw in the bed part and im wondering is this ok for the babies they are eating it aswell and i wanted to know if that was safe aswell.

thanks any help appriciated

hi

russell bedding straw is nice and soft, unlike most straw, so that's fine - and they can eat it but there's no nutrition in it - they need hay for that :)

thats good then it does say on the front of the bag extremly soft so its ok then i put some hay in the bedroom aswell and they were munching on that there all sooo cute then the dog went and scared them so they ran lol

straw is good for rabbits who have behaviour problems sometimes. i reason why some bunnies have behaviour probs is because they are bored and the straw takes them longer to eat!

hay is better for them though!

sophie

Back