• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My beautiful brave Nougat has gone

HS

Wise Old Thumper
At 5.30am Nougat still wasn't eating, but seemed brighter. However, by 8.30, she had deteriorated quite badly and seemed not to be able to use her back legs properly. The brightness was fading from her beautiful eyes, and I knew it was time to let her go.
We went to the vets, who agreed with me (as well as all her other problems, he thinks she had developed peritonitis (sp.) as well. Nougat lay down on the table, she knew it was ok now to admit defeat, and she simply stopped breathing. I'm pleased she died naturally with me there, and she didn't feel any pain.

Nougat, my beautiful girl, mummy loves you so very much. You have been so brave and patient my little one. I'm sorry I let you down so badly my baby. Run free now, in the grass and the fresh air that you love so much.

nougat1.JPG

sleepynougat.JPG

newrun.JPG

I am so very sorry that you lost Nougat :( She was indeed a truly brave bun and beautiful to boot. Go binky free little Nougat, mummy will join you one day and you will once again be together. (((((((((( HUGE HUGS )))))))))))) to you HS.

Oh Helen, I am so so sorry. I was just about to make an unimportant new post and I saw this and it stopped me in my tracks. She is a beautiful beautiful girl and you did NOT let her down, I am certain that you were the most wonderful bunny mummy and looking at that picture of your buns outside, I have to say that the first thing that occurred to me was that looks like "the Bridge on earth"!!! What a magical, idyllic set-up, Nougat must have been a very, very happy bunny indeed and she was very brave.

Binky free in the eternal sunshine little Nougat, nothing can hurt you now. :cry: She is free from pain, Helen: I know how hard it is but you have to try to think that she is better off. Big hugs to you.

I'm so very sorry you lost your brave little girl, you did everything you could for her.

Binky free Nougat

Nicola x

helen ,

i,m so sorry to hear that nougat passed away . you did anything but let her down , you were her mummy and you love her dearly . No suffering now for her , binky free nougat . xxx

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Helen I'm so sorry to hear about lovely Nougat - the battle was just too much for her but she's had one of the greatest gifts of all which is to have a caring home and a bunny mum who loves her dearly.

Binky Free little Nougat now grazing with all our much loved and missed Bridge Bunnies. XXXXXX

awww helen, how sad i am so so sorry :cry: as you say you got to be with her at the end and she also drifted off on her own, which must feel a little less painful than having to pts for you

sending you lots of love and hugs xxxxxx

Oh dear Helen I am so sorry to hear you have lost Nougat - have just posted on your other thread - sorry. Dont blame yourself because these things can happen to all of us and so quickly and you were so brave posting the pics to warn us all.

I am thinking of you through my tears - binky away little Nougatxx

:cry: :cry: :cry: We are all so very sorry :cry: :cry: :cry: She was such a brave and beautiful girl and loved so much.
Please don't blame yourself, these things happen and flystrike is so quick. At least you loved, cared and tried to help her where so many are just left at the bottom of the garden :cry:
You will be sorely missed sweet Nougat.
Run free in the eternal sunshine now darling - nothing can ever hurt or harm you again. Have fun in the lush grass and kiss my bridge babies for me - xxxxxxx

So very sorry to hear about Nougat, she was so brave,and so were you in caring so much for her. I'm sure that she was a happy bunny whenever she was with you, and you being with her at the end will have made it easier for her. Don't doubt yourself, you gave her all the care she needed, but in the end someone else wanted Nougat to be a Bridge Bunny. She will be missed I know, and thanks for sharing her with us.

take lots of care of yourself

thoughts with you

Sally
xxx

I'm so very sorry to hear your sad news.I don't think you could have possibly done any more and it's obvious how much Nougat was loved.Thinking of you.

Oh Helen i am so very sorry that your brave little girl has gone to the bridge XX My thoughts are with you and sending big hugs to you XXXXX

Back