• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Am I paranoid or is there a problem?

Bunnster

Alpha Buck
Both Max and Rubys stomachs make strange gurgling sounds from time to time and I was just wondering if it was anything to worry about or not. I've never noticed any of my other rabbits do this, so I am a bit concerned. I tried to do a search on here but it led me on a bit of a wild goose chase as I wasn't sure what to search it under :lol: They are being fed on a diet of timothy hay and Burgess Excel for baby bunnies. I was giving them a handful of grass each day to as they have always eaten it before they came here, but have cut that out for a few days to see if it made any difference. They are still the same though, and I notice it a couple of times throughout the day :? Its so loud that I can hear it whilst walking past them :shock: At the moment they have unlimited pellets as they are only 11 weeks old, should I start to cut back on these yet? Some of their poops are a bit soft, but there is no diarreah and they binky around like mad and are happy buns. Please tell me that I am just being paranoid and that they are okay, thankyou :oops:

Skip belly makes gurgling noises but just so long as they eat and poo normally i think it's ok. I know my belly makes some very loud noises sometimes!!

when i first got my bunny bella, she came from a breeder who no longer wanted her anymore. i was really worried about her because i couldnt get her to eat anything so i took her to the vets, who said that she still had milk in her and had only given birth 2 days before i got her. bellas tummy always used to make that gurgling noise which the vet told me means that they arent on a balanced diet.

do your rabbits eat lots of hay?

sophie

Graces tummy girgles lots! But Wils never does! and they get a mainley hay based diet with a few pellets XX

Thanks for your replies everyone, I think I'm just being paranoid :lol: Its just they are SO loud :lol: They eat tons of hay as well as their pellets :D

Nala's always grumbles really loud when she eats or drinks! Especially if its fruit or veg she is eating... i just put it down to the liquid and the fact she guzzles it too quick! :lol:

Back