• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

update on bracken, been back to vets today

bunnies

Alpha Buck
Vet very pleased with him, gave him another steriod injection and 5 more days of antibiotics for me to give at home.

He is a lot steadier on his feet but he does fall over now and again which i find very distressing :( :( , but he gets to his feet and runs off as if nothing has happened. He`s eating loads,drinking and enjoying his time in the garden, if you saw him you`d be hard pushed to think theres anything wrong.

The vet seems to think that time will be a healer, but i must be prepared that he may have a very slight head tilt and some wobblyness for sometime to come, but as he doesn`t seemed to be distressed by it, only me he can enjoy his life.

Anyone with incouraging advise for us please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awwww thats great news from your Vet - I bet your so pleased.

I've not much experience with Head Tilt I've gotta say but I'm sure that I've read some posts on here that say that with the right treatment that things can improve as you go along re the wobbles etc.

I really hope so as it sounds like you have a fab bunny there who enjoys life just a wee bit much to give up on it just yet.

And Well done you for being so brave and working through this with your lovely bunster.

Sending snuggles and hoping things continue to go well for you both.

It sounds as if he is doing really well :D :D
My poor Old Lace is still far from running about even with a few falls thrown in :( But she is eating still, and does move around. I got a big sheet of vetbed so now she has the whole of a big dog crate to stagger around in, and a run on the grass when it isn't threatening rain. In comparison Bracken is doing fantasticly well.
My little Blueberry has another bout of it going on as well:( Luckily he has responded to treatment as quickly as he did the first time and his head is nearly back to normal already. Interestingly it tilted the other way this time; not sure what is going on there. He is rather a poor sickly rabbit I'm afraid. His nose is snuffly again too, poor lad, but not too badly for the baytril to work, thank goodness.
It is a distressing condition to witness, but it need not be the end of a bunnies happy life. Keep up the good work and Bracken will keep improving.

Awwwwwwwww, I'm pleased to hear that he is doing better :D Give him a head scritch and a gentle get well cuddle from me please :D

Back