• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding two bunnies

angora mommy

Young Bun
what im going to do is split room in half with chicken wire then take them out little time each day and let them get aqquainted. is this method good?

You will need to wait for 6 weeks after your boy is neutered for them to have any actual contact. But Through a barrier will be fine XX

well it was going to be supervised time, like 15 min each day then after a week or so 1/2 hour. so i'll be able to stop them if anyhting starts happening. or is that not good? they can't have ANY contact at all?

Hmmmmmm i wouldnt be to positive that you could stop anything happing :shock: If possible it would be great if you can house them near each other so they can see and smell each other all the time, this way is a very good start to the bonding process, I really wouldnt put them together till your boy has been castrated and like Phill says you need to wait 6 weeks. by this time they will know each other quite well.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: i never thought about tat youre right i don't want to take that chance. so keeping them in the same room with chicken wire down the middle is a good idea? i'll do taht for a month. they sshould be REALLY bonded after a month of living next to each other :lol:

That will be a brilliant start to bonding and hopefully make for easy bonding when the time is right. I know its hard and you want the bunnies to be together, but you just have to be patient. :D

angora mommy said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: i never thought about tat youre right i don't want to take that chance. so keeping them in the same room with chicken wire down the middle is a good idea? i'll do taht for a month. they sshould be REALLY bonded after a month of living next to each other :lol:

its not a month it is 6 weeks! unless you want to breed, you should not have them together at all until then as mounting is part of the bonding process, so that wont be bonding well even if you thought you could stop them doing it, but i would doubt very much if you can get behind the sofa quicker than them!

well its already been a week, so its a month and 1 week more and yeah if they want to get at each other they will find a way and i won't be able to stop them :lol:

hi

they'll easily jump a 3' fence though - and bunnies can chew through chicken wire if they're desperate :shock:

Re: hi

elve said:
they'll easily jump a 3' fence though - and bunnies can chew through chicken wire if they're desperate :shock:

my valentine can with easy do 4 foot! theres a photo on here somewhere!

Back