• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Question for Adele or anyone that can help

angora mommy

Young Bun
i was wonderiing what i need to get ready for baby angoras arrival tomorrow :?: i am getting a litterbox with wire, slicker brush, double sided comb, dryer, and kitty malt. anything else?

well i already have all that from my other bunny i got an extra dish and food and hay i have, and water bottle. this is my first english angora

nail clippers?
hmm sounds like you are pretty prepared. What are you putting on the bottom of her hutch? vetbed/blankets would be good. Also wood based cat litter is good for the litter tray

Hiya, yes sounds like most things have been covered for your new arrival tomorrow :D I expect you are getting very excited now, and the Angora is going to have a wonderful home with you :D
If you can buy some vet bed, or fleece bedding (for dogs) then you can line her house with that and pop litter trays each end.
Cornflour is good to help grooming, rub a small amount in and then brush off...helps the combs. slicker brush go through the fur more easily :wink:
Angoras tend to prefer water bottes as their fur gets wet in bowls...we tend to give two bottles per bunny , as occasionally the bottle dripper gets blocked.

Please let us know when your new addition to your household arrives :D
Thank you for your PM, I will reply very soon, just hectic here with 51 bunnies for next few days.
Best wishes
Adele

thanks everyone i will take evrything in consideration and ill post pictures as soon as i can and let you kknow how evrything goes. thanks!!!!!! can't wait!!!!!!!! tomorrow~!!~!~!~!~!~!~ :D :D :D :love: :D :D :D :D :rabbit2: :D :D :D :D :D

Back