• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Shed

happybunny

Mama Doe
Hi,

I am considering getting a rabbit shed for some of the buns but have a few concerns.

1) How to indoor rabbits cope with "going outside"

2) How do you keep the shed cool in summer (other than the link to the attached run)

3) How do you keep the shed warm in winter?

4) What is a good size shed and run? Where did you get them from?

5) Does anyone do this with Guinea Pigs?

6) Anything else?

We have become a little over crowded indoor with 9 rabbits so moving some of the bonded ones outside could make things easier for all. Not sure how I will handle my babies not been in the next room but then it is still in the thinking about stage.

Thanks

i moved kymber and valentine into a she in the spring when it was warmer i started by putting them in a run and built up the time they were out there eventually i put them in the shed and they have been fine, i give the shed bunnies extra bedding during the winter but as long as there is not big wholes in the shed the manage fine. rabbits can deal with the cold they just dont like damp or drafts.

i find my shed are cool in the summer without doing anything to them as i make sure the doors are always shut!

i think the biggest shed you can afford will be adqicate

Hi,

Thanks for responding. I am still not sure if it gonna happen. I am so used to all my babies been inside. I also don't have a clue where in the garden I could put it!

Have a great weekend

Thanks again

Back