• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello everybody!!

Michele

Warren Scout
I am a friend of Adele's!

I currently have a cat called Callie, called Calico after the Amercian colouring of what we call a tortie and white.

However I have always loved Bunnies.
And were anything to happen, ( God forbid,) to my Callie, I would love a House Bunny.
I would try and introduce one now, but I do not know my beloved precocious kitty would react!!!!
She seems to think I am her Personal Butler and Servant!!!

I have recently been ill. The worst was feared for a while and I was so worried.
I was taken into hosital on August 6th and came heom on the 16th.
Adele came to vist me in hospital and it was the first time we had met in person and I blubbered all over her and her lovely hubby!!!!
I was so pleased to finally meet her after all our e mails!
I have been very emotional with feeling so ill, so all my tears just flowed out!!!
We have been writing for quite a while now and I have wanted to go to visit the Bunnies for ages and give them some cuddles and kisses but por health has prevented it!

So getting to meet Adele was so so wonderful.
She surely is a truly remarkable person.

But the problem is nothing nasty thankfully now, just hopefully a problem that can get fixed and make me feel better.
And I am moving soon to more apropriate accommodation.
I currently live in a house and the stairs are becomig a problem for me.
Moving in the middle of September.
To a ground floor maisonette right in the heart of my village right by the village green.

I fancy a House Bunny who also love to go for walkies on a harness while I ride aongside in my powered wheelchair!
I am going to be living beside the village green and would love to take the Bunny onto the Green to have a walk and play!

I have lots of cat toysd a Bunny would love. Callie is spoilt so rotten that she sometiems turns her nose up and will not play with them!!

Callie my kitty is a lovely girl and knows when I am poorly and waits for me to awaken naturally fro her food in particular breakfast.
But when I am well, she sits and stares at me, waiting for the tiniest flicker of an eyelid and then I get a poke or a nip and of course the good little Butler and Servant I am I must obey!!

I want to learn all about looking after Bunnies here, so I would be well prepared to be a Bunny Mummy.
So, I will be reading all about how to look after them properly and maybe asking lots of questions!

Adele has told me a lot about you and I have visited before as a guest and I have loved reading all about everybodies Bunnies and other pets so I hope you do not mind a human owned by a Kitty coming along to meet you all.

The internet is a marvellous thing and came along at the right time for me when I had to take early retirement at 43. I am 50 now.
I have loved meeeting new people from all over the world and have learnt so many new things in the process.
And I hope I can learn lots of things here from all of you experienced Bunny Mummies and Daddies!!

Aw hello michele and welcome :D I am so pleased you are feeling a little better.

I fancy a House Bunny who also love to go for walkies on a harness while I ride aongside in my powered wheelchair!

now that is one photograph I just can't wait to see :D :D :D

:D :D :D Hiya to our very special friend Michele, wow what a wonderful introduction, I am sure everyone will come to love you just as much as we do.
You are a totally inspirational lady, who has been through so much healthwise recently, and yet has been a rock for me during my difficult time too.
It was a total honour to meet you in person Michele and we are so looking forward to bringing a bunny over for you to cuddle soon, as we understand you have never held a bunny before :)

I bet Callie is so glad to have you home, and I am very pleased to see you online and starting your journey to recovery.
We are here every step of the way for you Michele.
All our love and hugs
Adele, David and the many Sanctuary bunnies
XXX

Welcome to the forum, it's lovely to have you join us :D

Feel free to pick our brains for all the bunny info you need. When the time is right we'll inundate you with pictures of cute bunnies needing homes too ;)

Callie looks very much like my cat - she has the same black mask over her eye but the ginger bit has slipped under her nose instead of on top :lol:

I have the pleasure of swapping lots of emails with Adele too, she's a little mad (I'm sure you've noticed) ;) but what a lovely lady... she is great at making you giggle. She was really excited to get to meet you :D

Best wishes,
Tamsin

It propbably sounds daft to say i have never held a Bunny before!!
But I so so want to hug an Bunny!!
Maybe now I am feeling better I can finally go to meet the Bunnies in their lovely homes!!

I looked after my neighbours Bunny and 2 guinea pigs several times each summer for a couple of years, but they did not like being handled and were only cleaned out once a week. (Yuck!)
One of these cases of kids wanting animals and Mum and Dad being left to look after them.
I was told to open the hutch and put the run to the door and let them out so I sould clean them.
I did manage to hold one of the guinea pigs but only for a moment before it squirmed to get out.

I cleaned them out most days, I had the time as I recently had lost my beloved dog Sam for Samantha and missed her walkies, so felt I could give the Bunny adn Guinea Piggies the time, and I got them lots of fresh veggies as a friend told me of one veggie shop in our village who gives away to pet owners any stalks of things like broocoli cabbage and cauliflour and other veggies left over, and they loved them as they all had previosuly had was rabbit food.
They used to have to go and have their teeth filed I think it was a lot as their diet was not ideal.

But I have always wanted a Bunny.
I did consider one before I got Callie 8 years ago but I am one who has a lot of wires around and read that Bunnies like to chew things like that and I did not want anything nasty to happen, so I opted for a rescue cat instead. Callie was passed the kitten stage as I could not have coped with a kitten climbing curtains etc!!!

Michele we will ensure your dream to hold a bunny comes true very soon, have no fear Dolce and Arthur are near!! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The two gorgeous Angora Boys would love to meet you :D

I will phone to arrange something with you shortly. :)
Lots of love and hugs
XXX

Who can blame you for wanting to bunny snuggle it gives you such a warm, calm feeling. Unfortunatley not many bunnies like being snuggled. Out of our five bunnies we only have one cuddly bun and thats Bernard! But I'm sure Adele will manage to find you a special snuggly bunny :D

Gee, blushes!!!! :oops:
Thanks for the welcomes guys!!

And I cannot wait to hug a Bunny!!

WEll even thogh it is only just after 9 pm here after 11 nights in hopsital I am recovering from sleep deprivation!!!
So I am off to the Land of Nod.
Callie is already on the bed giving me dirty looks which means turn the TV and lights off Servant!!
So I will obey and come back tomorrow!!!

Sleep well folks and I am shall count Bunnies to drop off and hopfully( tee heee) dream of lots of Bunnies!!
(I have a weird sesne of humour!!! and commit plenty of inapprpriate typos!! at times!!))

Michele said:
And I cannot wait to hug a Bunny!!

and the bunnies will be so happy to have Michele snuggles I am sure :D :D :D I am soooo glad you are improving :D :D We can have many rabbit adventures together to look forward to now :wink: :D :D :D :D
XX

hi michelle so glad you could join us, how about a british giant of a lead for walkies around the park, i am sure my hermonie would oblige, she is a very graceful soul but such a big girl!!!!!

well i hope you enjoy the site and all the pictures and chats, hope 2 catch up soon

Eve x

p.ssss night night callie! moaw!!!!!!!!

hello and welcome glad your on the mend im one of those lucky pepole whos cats like the buns even ignore them. hope you get bunny cuddles soon

Hi Michele :wave: Callie is beautiful :love: I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better now and enjoy those bunny hugs when they happen :wink:

Hiya and welcome :wave: so glad you could join us :D Glad to hear you're on the mend, this forum is full of wonderful people who give loads of great info and wonderful support whether it be bunny related or not. :D

Awww what a lovely puddy cat :D

Hi Michele, I have a cat called Callie too! She was named after a character in Blake's 7 who my O/H fancies!
I've got two bunnies but neither of them likes hugs :(
Hobbes has always been really nervous but likes a stroke every now and then. Phoebe is just majorly stroppy :roll:
Hope you find a cuddly one!

Thank you all very much for the lovely welcome!

My cat Callie does not like cuddles.

I think it must be bad memeories of when she was tiny and growing up.
She was rescued from a tower block having been abandoned, found with what we believe to have been her sister as they had the same colouring, left for about 3 weeks in a windowless bathroom, with no food.
They drank from the toilet.

But I am also told torties and whites are pretty aloof and independant if they want to be.

Sadly both kitties lost their babies.
Her sister got rehomed the day before Callie chose me.
She was so thin when I got her.
But she been poorly too. She carries a cat flu virus.
No immunisations as a kitten.
The Calaici virus. You say it like it has an H in it.
At the vets she is known as Callie the calici cat!!

Just thinking / asking can rabbits and cats catch each others illnesses??

_WELCOME_MIC_01476.gif

I am so glad to see you on this wonderful friendly forum Michele and that you are feeling better. You might know some of us anyway if you have been "visiting" Adele is indeed a wonderful and caring girl and she was so glad to meet you in person. I look forward to hearing what you decide to do. Your little "angel" is indeed a very pretty cat :love: and thank goodness you rescued her.

Hi and Welcome Michele - glad to hear your feeling better and on the mend and now back home recovering

- mind you a meeting with that Adele is enough to make anyone get out of hospital quick I reckon :!: - I bet she had the ward upside down with laughter - she's a one and no mistake :!: :!:

Hope you have a smashing bunny get together soon - the wait for a bunny cuddle will be well worth it :D :D

I have been doing a search on litter tray training!
There is so much to learn!!!
And there is so much to read on here on all the various topics!!
No wonder kids should not have them.

I did not realise they eat soft poo's!!

Callie obviously has her own litter tray so I would need to ensure that there was room for a second one for a Bunny or more than one!, but they could share the water fountain I have? and the feeding mat area as I do not think they would eat each others food!! Well, I presume not?

My new home is all vinyl flooring as I will soon be in a wheelchair full time, so the hard flooring is easier for a wheelchair than carpet, so that would be good for a bunny and so much easier to keep clean.
Wiring I can sort out. Better for me too as the chair would have less of a probem and if I am walking I would have less to fall over!!
And to be more tidy would be good too!!!!!!!!!!!

Space however may be the main problem for me.
To provide a special cage area for the night might be the problem.
I am an avid crafter, and aim to have the spare room for all my craft and spare computer bits.
With Callie's toys in the middle.
If Callie were not there that would be the place for a cage.
Callie plays in the middle of the night a lot so has always got some toys out!
I can hear her from upstairs!
Her favourite toy of all time, is a large donut shaped plastic toy with a ball inside too big to get out, but she lies in the middle and whizzes it round and round!!

I sort of thought the Bunny might sleep on my bed!! With Callie cat and me!!
So to provide a special night time place might be the main problem.
How high can they hop? eg onto a bed??

I would still be interested in finding out if I were to be able to get a tiny house bunny, ( easier to scoop up with my arthritis) that would like my kitty.
Guess it would be a case of try it to see how she reacts to a smaller animal. I think a larger Bunny than her might intimdate her.

Callie cat has no teeth, due to her initial neglect she had them all out at aged 2, so other than trimming her claws, well having them trimmed!! as I could never manage myself, it takes at least 3 to hold her down! and as the floor is hard I imagine it will be easier for her if they are shorter as I imagine I will hear her all the time going clitter clatter!!
And easier on my back which she tends to knead at tea time when I am at the computer.

So, once I am moved and settled and have my new place all organised neatly with all things in cupboards to reduce dust and cleaning!! then I will think again if it is feasible and continue to read and learn all I can here meanwhile.

Well you'd need to be careful how Callie reacted but I guess the lack of teeth will help. You also need to watch out for the bunny! They can be quite agressive if they feel like it and one or two of my past bunnies will send a cat packing. You might be able to find a rabbit that is used to cats.

The best thing would be to adopt an adult, then you can get one that has the right personality for you. They vary alot! From ignoring humans to cuddly from being cuddled to hating being picked up etc. So it might take you awhile to track down just the right bun to fit in.

You might need to hide the cat food - bunnies are little toads... nothing is safe :lol: You could try feeding Callie on top of something the bunny couldn't reach - if Callie is okay with that.

It might be good to have a base atleast at first while Callie and the bun get used to each other. Alot of people use dog crates. You might find a hutch on tall legs or on a table easier to interact with her in? So it's at an easy height for cleaning. Bunnies can handle ramps fine.

Rabbits can jump on the bed/sofa's. They can be quite active at night though ;)

It takes rabbits awhile to settle in so don't expect it to fit in tha routine straight away. Sometimes you forget the setlling in and bonding period and it just feels like they've been a part of your life forever :)

Tam

0owwwwwwwww i have netherland dwalfs the cats just leave them be a dog crate on a table would be best if you cant bend down a ramp can be made an older bun is best say 6 mounths to what ever as they can be spayed nutered

Back