• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

More Unwanted Bunnies!- Sad news!

sophiemarmion

Alpha Buck
As you may know ARC have recently taken in lots of baby rabbits, well on monday night we got more from the RSPCA.

Donna went and picked up a mum that we have named charlotte who was feeding her 4 4 week old babies and is pregnant with another litter!
2 of the babies have been very unwell, these 2 babies had very very bad diarrhoea and havent been feeding off of charlotte as they werent feeling themselves at all.

I was injecting the babies every hour for yesterday, but unfortunately we did lose one of the little babies.

I am now feeding the other baby who isnt very well with oxbow critical care, and he is still having the injections and is on probiotics. fingers crossed for this little guy that i have called jeremy is ok. he is a real sweetie and after all of this we have still got to find homes for the little buns.

I am so pleased that we have taken on these buns as god only knows what would of happened if we didnt.

Here is a piccie of little Jeremy, i will add some more of mum charlotte and her 2 healthy bunnies.

Arc004.jpg
[/img]

He looks a bit mucky under his chin because some of the recovery food he is eating has run down him.

sophie

Oh my god these poor bunnies thank goodness they have been taken away from their previuos owners. Doesnt it make your heart bleed to hear of the endless uncared for bunnies :cry: Thank goodness they are with you. Sorry to hear you lost one of the babies and to Jeremy "do what you new mummy says and get well soon" x x x

omg sophie!! good luck with everything!!!! sounds like the little guy is like alfie!! fongers crossed for him :D

i have let them all out for a run earlier and thought i would put on the piccies that i have taken!

here is one of the little boys...
Charlotteandbabies001.jpg

and the mum...
Charlotteandbabies002.jpg

jeremy and his sister...
Charlotteandbabies003.jpg

sorry if they are a little bit fuzzy, i think it is because they are all white!

sophie

sophiemarmion said:
sorry if they are a little bit fuzzy, i think it is because they are all white!
They look alwright to me :lol: :oops:

What sweeties, how could anyone possibly mistreat such lovely little darlings.

donna, sophie and janise you are all stars, and that poor mummy rabbit! :cry: not even finished weaning and has more kits to come!

i will so much luck to this family of beautiful buns!

yous do an amazing job, i so wish you were closer so i could come and help you guys out!

love to all of you

eve x

babies

AAAWWWW the poor darlings :( :( :( thank god that you have them now :) :) :) poor mummy bunny trying to cope with a young family & having another litter :( :( :( give her a BIG kiss from me :wink:

thanks for everyones replies!

i am afraid i have some sad news, we lost 2 of the babies this morning. im guessing it is because of their bad diarrhoea, the vet did tell us the chances of them surviving were very small.

we still have one baby left but he isnt too good himself.

fingers crossed for the little guy, but he seems to have given up.

sophie

5cutebunnies said:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Awwww thats sooo sad has Jeremey gone to the bridge?

we did lose jeremy this morning and his little sister. we just have jeremys brother left. i have brought him inside to keep him warm and have been feeding him with a syringe but he isnt interested in eating.

sophie

Its so sad that people let them get into this state, the poor little things, at least they passed away with people that cared for them. :cry:

i have to say i was so shocked this morning. i knew they were very ill but you never think you are actually going to lose them.

i was gutted after the work i put in the last couple of days.

sophie

Oh bless them. At least they knew that someone was caring for them and they knew love. Let's hope the las little one finds some strength to eat and keep fighting.

So sorry to hear your news.

Its soul-destroying when you try so hard & then they just go like that. :(

All i can say is its one of those situations that is out of your hands & you were the person that gave them any chance of hope anyway. :thumb:

im very sorry to say that we did lose our last baby last night.

i feel really sorry to mum charlotte as she has now lost all og her babies and has got another litter on the way.

sophie

Back