• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

how long before they drop?

Ryo_the_rat

Warren Scout
i started a thread a few days ago about Gabriel and how hes been behaving a little naughty lately. i also mentioned that i could see his testicles starting to drop(at the moment they are two small red bumps either side of his privates)
just wondered how long it will be before they drop properly? can i get him nuetered as soon as they drop? and how long after being nuetered can i start looking for a little girlfriend for him?
hes been looking a little lonely lately, and as everyone keeps telling me, he needs a girlfriend to keep his runny eye clean! :wink:

This topic should help: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=8566

It explains that males can be neutered sometimes from 12-16 weeks old and you will have to wait 6 weeks before you can get him a girlfriend. Even if you got him a neutered female before the 6 weeks was up he could still try to mount her and would pester her and they might fall out so its best to wait at least 6 weeks before introducing a female.
Get him some fucithalmic eye drops from your vet for the runny eye! If its not already being treated :)

Splodge is 19 weeks now and there's still not much there!!! :shock: :oops: :lol:

Think I might take him back to the vets for another check when I get back from holiday!!! I can see where they should be, but no little lumps present !! :shock: :? :oops: :lol:

thanks for the replies.

he shall be at the vets on wednesday for his vhd vac so i will get the vet to have a look/feel and see if hes ready to be neutered.

neeshkabeesh: gabriel has been having fucithalmic eye drops daily for about 2 months now, the vet has told me it will most likely be a life long problem with him-she did try to flush his tear duct to see if that was the problem but his tear duct was blocked :? so a little girlfriend will help me as well as him! :wink:

Back