• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

vhd reactions

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
if a rabbit reacted to it once before will they react to it again or is there a chance that they wont my nethie reacted to it last year she due it again tomoz just wondering

lisa

Otis reacted to it the first time but not the second - so fingers crossed for you. Its a nasty looking scab that they get :(

i have one that reacts and the vets said if he reacts next time there not gonna do it again. but i have also been told if they do react thats a good think as it means they have took very well!

Bindi never did nothing when she had her VHD jab!! She got little lumpys where the jab was put into her scruff, and a little youcky scab!!

I guess she was lucky.

Gracie and animals x

yeah its over for another year my nan treid to calm her but rosie wanted me her mum so she grabbed my nans necklace with her paw to ell her lol
so i held her while she had the vaccinations
she did not want her teeth checking her tummy feeling or her bottom looking at today

lisa

Back