• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

sneezing , help!!!

Michelle

Warren Scout
today, joey kept sneezing and making weird noises when he sneezed, he has sneezed absolutley loads, he must have sneezed at least 20 times today. he seems to be acting his usual self though.

anyone got any ideas wat it is??

im gettin really worried about him now cuz he keeps making weird noises when he sneezes, i know this sounds stupid but the noise kinda sounds like a dog bark! but quieter.

and ive also noticed that his heart is beating quite fast.

help!!

Is there any obvious discharge from his nose or on the inside of hie front paws?

It may just be dust that is affecting him, or another option is that he may have a pasterella infection which will require treating using antibiotics.

Janice

no there is no discharge from his nose. do you think it might be because he is hot? because it has been a reely hot day today, its bin like 80 degrees!

hi

I would get him checked if he continues as pasturella can be nasty and is a real pain to treat sometimes and takes a while to get rid, if you catch it early enough you stand a better chance of it being succesfully treated.

No harm in having a check up to put your mind at rest..

Sweety

Hi Michelle!

My rabbit was recently sneezing and i took him to the vet. I have given him a course of medication to clear it up. It's known as Snuffles. I would take your rabbit to the vets.

What kind of bedding do you have? Dust can effect them too!

Yeah it could be he has hay or grass up his nose, Jazz does that sometimes after eating hay or something... and he is fine :) how is he?

If you're near the end of your bag of hay or pellets, it might be that there's lots of dusty little bits irritating his nose?

hi

thanks 4 d help!

i think he's ok now cuz i havent heard him sneeze yet today, i think it must have been a combination of his hay being dusty and it being an extremeley hot day, which is why he was just lying flat out on the floor!

ill keep an eye on him today tho!

p.s. im gettin pics of him 2moz!

if the sneezing comes back then get him off to the vet as it could be snuffles and will require anibiotic treatment . Hopefully tho its just been something up his nose .

Back