• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lilly has the runs!

Vianne

Warren Scout
hey guys,

Im just looking for a bit of advice. When I went to bring Lilly in last night I noticed that she had a smelly bum and her poo was a bit runny, not that there was a lot of it mind. She was a bit hunched up which is unusual as she is usually really lively so I gave her some of the probiotic from the vets on her food.

Im worried because my Jasper got gut statis and I dont want the same thing to happen to her!

She eats the science selective food, gets plenty of fresh hay daily which she loves as well as spring green leaves and carrots etc.

They do have an awful lot of access to grass and they were both absolutley gorging on it yesterday, maybe this was the reason??

Thanks!

Hiya Vianne

Awww - I bet your a bit worried about your wee Girl -

I'd take her right back to basics until her tummy is more settled - just good quality hay and fresh water. Also keep a really careful watch on her if she's outdoors and Flystrike risk is high this time of year.

If she's still sitting hunched this evening and not moving - might be that she's uncomfortable and in pain so would be worth popping her to the Vets for a check up.

Hope this helps and sending a snuggle for your gal.

i hav been told blackberry leaves are good for upset tummys one if mine had an upset tummy so i thought i would give it a try an it seemed to do the trick

Back