• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Introducing .... Simba!

chinakit

Warren Scout
After Wesley bunny died yesterday, I needed to find another neutered male rabbit to start the bonding process with Bluebell, as she was devoted to Wesley and I didn't want her to be lonely.

Luckily Kay who has a rescue very close to my home, had Simba, who was looking for a home, we went to see him and he came home with me. He's a lionhead lop, and he is very handsome, I think everyone will agree! He is also very laid back, and enjoyed his brush and comb through before I took these photos!

2005_0816SimbaAug16050007.jpg

2005_0816SimbaAug16050008.jpg

awww! hes gorgeous!! be careful when bonding tho as many rabbits don't accept another patner until a few months after the previous has passed away..

Katie said:
awww! hes gorgeous!! be careful when bonding tho as many rabbits don't accept another patner until a few months after the previous has passed away..

Thanks Katie ... Bluebell and Wesley were only together for a couple of weeks though, then he had to be put to sleep, so I do hope she will bond with Simba ok. If not, well they will just have to live separately for a while!

Chinakit

hi

Simba's gorgeous! :love:

I didn't realise that about bonding either Katie - maybe that's why Benny wouldn't accept the girls just a week after Pepsi had died?

Just thought I would let you all know that I have explained to Jane that Simba doesn't like mornings, and she knows he is the one that blacked my eye (you will probably all remember the post).
I am so glad Simba has found his forever home with Jane as I know he will be loved to death and spoilt.
Thanks Jane
Love
Kayxx

kayj said:
Just thought I would let you all know that I have explained to Jane that Simba doesn't like mornings, and she knows he is the one that blacked my eye (you will probably all remember the post).
I am so glad Simba has found his forever home with Jane as I know he will be loved to death and spoilt.
Thanks Jane
Love
Kayxx

Don't worry about the eye blacking episode Kay, I know how grumpy some rabbits can be! First thing in the morning I will just give him a carrot and leave him to wake up!

Last night he was an angel, but of course he was awake by then. He let me brush his coat with no trouble at all. I think Bluebell will love him.

Jane xxx

Hey Mandy, My Bluebell looks very much like yours ... except she has a little less blue, and she isn't sure if she is a lop or not, she has one ear up and one down!!

Jane xxx

chinakit said:
Hey Mandy, My Bluebell looks very much like yours ... except she has a little less blue, and she isn't sure if she is a lop or not, she has one ear up and one down!!

Jane xxx

Awwww bless a helicopter bun, have you posted any pics of her?? :D

Re: hi

elve said:
Simba's gorgeous! :love:

I didn't realise that about bonding either Katie - maybe that's why Benny wouldn't accept the girls just a week after Pepsi had died?

probably :D i guess its a bit like humans, we have to go through the grieving process before we start to get back to normal (bless them lil buns :D )

Here's Bluebell. She looks better than this now, she was a bit out of condition when I got her from a (not so good) rescue a few months back.

2005_0716Romiley1607050017.jpg

She has become a real 'pussycat' since she was spayed. She was a real ****** before, and bit me more than once.

Chinakit

Back