• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Very sad day

Freckles

Young Bun
Our dear Polo's heart gave way this evening. He had had a bad bout of diarrhoea (see Kale posting) but after two ops this month he was not strong enough and within a short while he died in my daughter's arms. We decided that any intervention the vet could make was going to be too late and after such a difficult passage post operatively (see'abscess' post) his fight had gone from him.
Bye bye dear Polo.
No more bunnies in our garden now and the dog is searching everywhere for them!?!

i am very sorry to hear the sad news about your poor boy polo.
at least you know you did all you could for him and he had a loving home with you, which is something so many bunnies dont receive.

sophie

Freckles , we are deeply sorry to about Polo :(
We are thinking of you, sending love and hugs
Adele and the Sanctuary bunnies;

I'm sorry to hear about Polo. I'm sending you and your daughter bunny hugs from Scotland ((xxxxx)) Binky free Polo

:( Sorry to hear about your bun, at least you were with him at the end. Hold on to the happy memories.
Jo

so sorry to hear about polo . Another bunny that the angels wanted by their side :( . No more pain little one - tell cheekybun I love him so much and miss him . xx

oh, i am so sorry to hear about your bunny polo. :cry: At least he had a loving family there for him and you helped him as much as you could. You should be so proud of yourselves. You have done so much to help.
Well done :D

hi

:( Awww - poor Polo - I wasn't at all hopeful yesterday after what you'd said in the kale post - hope you are OK - poor baby :cry:

I am so sorry to hear your sad news of Polos passing. Binky free Polo and (((((((((((((( comforting, healing hugs )))))))))))) to you all.

Awww I'm so sorry to hear about Polo but at least he passed over knowing that he's been a much loved bunny.

Binky High and Free little Bunny. X

Thank you to you all for your lovely thoughts. Elve you were helpful, I realise that we cannot always advise in the right way over the net so we each have to weigh up what is said and act as we see fit.
Have been sadly dismantling indoor hutch and outdoor home and things....Dog is getting lots of extra hugs today and we are off strawberry picking this p.m. to take mind off sadness.
Love to you all, can I still pay a visit even if I am no longer a bunny owner?

Freckles said:
Thank you to you all for your lovely thoughts. Elve you were helpful, I realise that we cannot always advise in the right way over the net so we each have to weigh up what is said and act as we see fit.
Have been sadly dismantling indoor hutch and outdoor home and things....Dog is getting lots of extra hugs today and we are off strawberry picking this p.m. to take mind off sadness.
Love to you all, can I still pay a visit even if I am no longer a bunny owner?

We'd be upset if you didn't :( .................... and never say never :wink: :D

Back