• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Charlie's Bum...

Sarah_Jane

Alpha Buck
I noticed that Charlie has a small dropping on his bum. How would be the best way to get it off. I get the feeling it hasn't all come out yet (yuck i know)

Ewww Gina!!!!! :lol:

Okay cool, so i dont have anything to worry about then. I was just concerned over fly strike!

It's Mingin!!!! Will sits on my bed in front of me and does it!! Eeeewwwwwwwwww

We need a Gross smilie!!

Phill said:
It's Mingin!!!! Will sits on my bed in front of me and does it!! Eeeewwwwwwwwww

We need a Gross smilie!!

Here you go
9.gif

one of my bunnys gets lots of poo on her bum. one time i found maggots in a lump of poo on her bum. i was worried as one of my rabbits died from fliestrike :cry:

Gizmo, sounds like your rabbit needs more fibre in its diet, and you shouldn't change the food over or give them large amounts of fruit and veg if they haven't had much of that type of food before. Also give your rabbit plenty of hay and water and check their bums daily. One poop or two is ok, if they're the soft ones, as its just like the rabbit hasn't got round to munching on it yet! More than that you might need to clean it off yourself and improve your rabbit's diet.

i have been giveing her more hay and it seems to be working. she is quite fat and has a larg dewlap so i didnt know if she was having trouble cleaning herself.

Back