• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

And another one bites the dust........

BevBunny

Mama Doe
The vacuum cleaner has once again suffered at the paws of Charlie bun, he's chewed through the cable. He's not done any cable damage for several years I thought he's learned not too! I've obviously got too complacent! V bad bunny mummy!

I was vacuuming their cage out this evening, looked up to see Charlie sat there with a mouth full of something munching away - then noticed the vacuum flex. Cheers thanks bun, I then of course spent the next hour in tears racked with guilt cos I could have electrocuted him and my other half is in a massive strop with me for letting it happen. :shock: Cheers for being a supportive boyfriend!

Could he actually have electrocuted himself, have other bunnies done so?

Charlie is fine, I've hugged him lots, cried on his head, apologised endlessly (even though its his fault too for being a naughty bunny) fed him lots of peas and hugged him some more.

I am going to write to Dyson and ask them to make a cordless vacuum cleaner. :D

(OMG, I've got to survive without a vacuum cleaner until I can get it fixed - arggggggg!!! I'm away for two days for work too so won't be able to get it done til the end of the week. ooops!)

oh bev you can have mine! :shock: i am just waiting for hagrid or hermy to go through it or the iron, either one i dont mind.

pm me your adress and i will send it to ya! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

glad the bun is ok though,!!! :D

Eve x

Our very first bunny, when I was still living at home, was allowed free run of the house and garden.......until he kept chewing through the cables :shock: :D . He then had supervised visits in the extension. The kitchen had to be out of bounds because he kept hiding behind the fridge. We always wondered how he'd managed not to electrocute himself. I've read lots of posts on here about rabbits chewing through wires, none about them having done themselves any damage.

bunnylove said:
oh bev you can have mine! :shock: i am just waiting for hagrid or hermy to go through it or the iron, either one i dont mind.

Eve x

:lol: :lol: :lol: I have to agree with you on the iron - my most loathed household item - and they are so ugly arent they?![/quote]

sarsimp said:
bunnylove said:

Eve x

:lol: :lol: :lol: I have to agree with you on the iron - my most loathed household item - and they are so ugly arent they?!
[/quote]

especially mine lany its a steam generator, weights a ton but to be honest it does cut the ironing time down by half!!! :D :D :D :D

Yup my simba has been through several wires with no damage done to himself. Its almost a shame they dont get just a tiny little buzz to put them off eh.
A lad i look after at work (has learning disabilities) recently found some scissors at home and cut through the wire of his parents dvd player while it was switched on and he didnt hurt himself either so maybe its to do with wires getting cut that prevents it.. who knows :?
A cordless vacuum sounds great! Maybe you can persuade dyson to repair it free of charge if you explain your rabbit ate the cord :lol:

I sat down to watch a dvd on sunday.....so five mins into the magic roundabout i could see out the corner of my eye a wire moving, then my tv went blank...yeap fudge had gone through my playstation wire and i ahd a rented dvd stuck in there :shock: .....well i pushed the wires together and there was sparks, so i was upset at what could have happened to fudge like you said bevbunny, you want to cuddle them even though it's there fault!!!! mine you fudge knew she done wrong and she went and hid at the back of her carry case (it was in my room stuffed with hay for her to eat) luckily my sisters boyfriend has a ps2 so i borrowed his cable to get the dvd out to watch and take back to blockbuster and bless him he's fixed my wire!!!! All wires now right off the ground in my room....but I blame my parents, thet were on holiday and she's only chewed wires when they've been away!!! last time it was the phone!!!

not heard the phone ring for a while now :? oh well maybe nobody wants to talk to us,so I walked over to turn on the lamp which sist next to the phone,when I noticed that the telephone light wasn't on.

I checked the switch everything ok :? checking on the wire I found a very neat little pile of chewwd up cable and sections of cable nearby :shock:

we were both upset and Darren said she could have gotten a shock,and said we would have to watch her when she was out,fortunately it was(only)9volts.

:love: Samantha

Skip has bitten through a fair amount of wires and my computer moniter tends to go off and on depending how many chomps it has had out of it!!!

You will find most of my wires taped up and Skip loves going round the back of the TV but theres only wires there....little devil

Buffs and Cagney are both devils for Vac Cables and I end up nearly dizzy every time I vac out their area as I've one eye on the Vac and the other behind me watching what the little minxes are up to :lol: :lol: - as if this chore isn't hard enough eh :roll:

I'm glad its not just me. Steve fixed our vacuum yesterday, we had a little sit down chat with Charlie and told him how disappointed in him we were and that we didn't expect that sort of behaviour form him now that he's 6. :lol: Charlie ran straight to his litter tray to have a dig :shock: whilst Lavender sat in grumpy corner with her ears down looking like a child who'd just had her hands slapped, :? obviously not the effect we were looking for!

Back