• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Opinions pls

nicolar

Mama Doe
Ok, well Pippa is feelin much better and getting bored in the crate in my room. I put her back in her hutch today + she has been going up + down the levels, munching grass and generally getting back to the Pippa before the lump + op.

I'm not sure whether to leave her in her hutch overnight. Will it be warm enough tonight? Or should I bring her in my room again tonight + put back out in hutch before I go to work tomorrow? What do you all think?

Nicola

Hiya Nicola, I would think Pippa would be alright outside in her hutch as long as she has a nice deep bed of hay to curl up in.
I expect it will be nice for her to get back to her normal routine, and you may get more sleep too :wink: :lol:
I always go with the bunnies, they tell you when they are ready for the next stage...Pippa is eating well and able to navigate the hutch ramps, so that is a great sign.
It is still mild (ish ) at night, just keep a close eye on the weather forecast incase any chilly nights are forecast, then you may prefer to bring her back in whilst she is still recuperating her energy levels.
Poor poppet has been through a lot recently, as have you with all the worry.

I bet you are very pleased to see Pippa doing the normal bunny things once more, I think she has done very well if you think back to how she was.
Give her a cuddle from me.
love to you, from Adele XX

Thanks Adele, I was hoping that you or one of the other bunny experts on here would be around :D It has been a lovely day here + she has been resting in the sun and munching away.

I think she will enjoy being back in her hutch, I want to get her back to her usual routine as although it is cosy in the house it must be slightly stressful for her as she is used to being an outside bunny. She has a nice bed of hay in her bedroom and I'm going to give her a Snugglesafe too in her cat bed so that if she needs a bit of extra warmth it is there. :) I will get far more sleep tonight (although I will be worrying a bit about her!) No more waking up at 5 in the morning to her munching or rearranging her bedding! :lol:

I will give her a cuddle from you, thank you :D She won't be pleased with me in a min as it is medicine time again! She is enjoying her porridge though so I hope that will put weight back on her (just giving her a little as you suggested :)) I am so very pleased with how she is doing, this time last week she was really lifeless + disinterested in everything, now she comes flying up to the side of the run to see what is going on! And she comes to say hello to you too :) My friend went out to see her earlier, and Pip came running down her ramp to say hello, that's my lovely girly getting back to normal, very very proud of her, still a way to go until I will stop worrying but we are getting there, one day at a time :D

Oh one more question, how long should I keep an eye on the temp at night for? Until she has put some more weight on?

Love Nicola

aaaaawwwww, Pippa is really getting back to her old self, I cannot believe the turn about in her Nicola :D :D

I would just watch her for the next few weeks/ Month, it all really depends on how her weight is doing .
If Pippa is still underweight by the Autumn, you need to be careful that she does not feel the damp,as that is as bad for bunnies as very cold weather.
But keeping positive, Pippa has the best time of the year to build herself up again before the Winter arrives :)
Just take things as they come really, and most of all, ENJOY YOUR BUNNY after everything you have been through together you deserve happy, healthy times ahead. :D
It has made my day to hear that Pippa is feeling so much better :D Bless her.

Love Adele

I know, it's amazing really isn't it!!! I'm just taking each day as it comes, I know things could get worse agin, but I'm enjoying her, I think we both deserve to enjoy things together! I can't wait to let her out in the garden again, she will love running about and seeing her buddies again. I'm going to let her settle back into her hutch first.

Yep I'll keep an eye on her, hopefully the weight will creep back on, if it doesn't then I think we know there is another underlying cause. It is good this happened in the summer, especially with the lovely weather of the next few days to come! I would have kept her in the house far longer had it been winter. She has a snuggly house, and I always make sure there is no damp. They don't really get a chance to feel the cold either as they are soooo snug!!

Love Nicola

It's lovely to hear that she's getting better. I'm sure she'll be fine outside, nice and snug!

Thanks Helen :) Yep she should be!! She has just had her porridge which was nice + warm, gobbled it down all in one go!

Way to go Pippa - who's being a good girl for her mum then :D

Brill news Nichola that your girlie is doing so much better - down to all that special bunny mum TLC nursing me thinks :wink:

Thanks Mandy and Lany :) As long as she keeps fighting then I'll be a good bunny mummy with lots of TLC :D She is looking perky again this evening, I'm feeling very positive about everything at the mo! Bet she can't wait to get running about the garden again!

nicolar said:
Thanks Mandy and Lany :) As long as she keeps fighting then I'll be a good bunny mummy with lots of TLC :D She is looking perky again this evening, I'm feeling very positive about everything at the mo! Bet she can't wait to get running about the garden again!

Keep up the good work :thumb:, she'll be binkying all over the shop before you know it :D

I'm glad to hear that Pippa is doing so well :D How did she get on last night? I'm sure everything went fine for her and shes happy to be back out in her hutch :D

Thanks Mandy :) I'm going to let her out for a run in the garden in a few mins while we have our BBQ, I'm sure she will love it!!

All still going well, will take her back to vets next week to check her weight, fingers crossed she has put some on!

Nicola

Back