• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit on eBay - Birmingham

Moomin

Young Bun
Can anyone help this poor bun? He looks like a rex from the pic, why on earth he's on eBay is beyond me...
Going to report it, but if anyone can contact the owner and take him, the item is #7707100134.
Jo

I have told eBay about the listing. You can report items by clicking on Policies (bottom of their screen), and following the links through Prohibited Items, Animals/Wildlife, and scrolling to the bottom of the list and click on Report. I think you have to be an eBay member to do this.
The only thing is I can't help wondering where all these buns end up, whether they are bought or whether the listing is removed. :( If they really can't keep their pet anymore, why don't people go to rescue centres?
Jo

Hello everybody - just an update really that the posting has been taken off Ebay as far as I can tell. I too sent a message to Ebay and to the seller objecting to the posting. I got this message back from the seller

"I had listed an item for sale this morning on ebay and have been notified that my item has been removed from the ebay with the reason that it is fordidden to sell live animals.
I have not offered to SELL a live animal. I had placed a Rabbit Hatch in ebay for sale and as an optional extra if the buyer wanted, then he / she could have had the rabbit FOR FREE. I can just as easily relist the item again and leave the Rabbit out and hand it over should the buyer wish a Rabbit with the hatch. There is no form of animal cruelty or mistreatment in what my listing was doing."

as if that makes it alright :!: :!: :!:

I did send a message back asking what happens if the buyer of the hutch did not want an "optional extra" and am awaiting the response!!!

Just want to say I love the site - I have been avidly following everybodys comments for a while now and it is so refreshing to see and hear from people that really care about animals, and understand the tears and laughter we go through.

cherylwares said:
Hello everybody - just an update really that the posting has been taken off Ebay as far as I can tell. I too sent a message to Ebay and to the seller objecting to the posting. I got this message back from the seller

"I had listed an item for sale this morning on ebay and have been notified that my item has been removed from the ebay with the reason that it is fordidden to sell live animals.
I have not offered to SELL a live animal. I had placed a Rabbit Hatch in ebay for sale and as an optional extra if the buyer wanted, then he / she could have had the rabbit FOR FREE. I can just as easily relist the item again and leave the Rabbit out and hand it over should the buyer wish a Rabbit with the hatch. There is no form of animal cruelty or mistreatment in what my listing was doing."

as if that makes it alright :!: :!: :!:

I did send a message back asking what happens if the buyer of the hutch did not want an "optional extra" and am awaiting the response!!!

Just want to say I love the site - I have been avidly following everybodys comments for a while now and it is so refreshing to see and hear from people that really care about animals, and understand the tears and laughter we go through.

whats shes gonna do with the hutch if they only want the hutch! :evil: :evil: :evil:

ebay

Exactly :cry: :cry: :cry: she will be left holding the bunny & no hutch to keep it in :evil: :evil: :evil: I think some breeders are using ebay as a way of advertising their produce (i.e. baby bunnies) its cheap publicity GGGRRRRRR :( :( :( :( :(

ebay

Exactly :cry: :cry: :cry: she will be left holding the bunny & no hutch to keep it in :evil: :evil: :evil: I think some breeders are using ebay as a way of advertising their produce (i.e. baby bunnies) its cheap publicity GGGRRRRRR :( :( :( :( :(

ebay

ebay

Back