• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rest in Peace, Wesley Bunny

chinakit

Warren Scout
This morning I took Wesley to the vets with his tooth and jaw problem, which has been ongoing for at least the last year. Sadly, his tooth roots had now gone right through his jawbone, both into his eye socket and through his bottom jaw also, causing painful abscesses. Because of this, and because there is no cure, I made the sad and painful decision to have him put to sleep.

Wesley had only been with me for a few weeks, and I hope they were happy ones. A friend of mine rescued him about a year ago from a breeder where he was being neglected.

Even though I had not had him long, he made a big impact on me with his gentle and laid back attitude. Although he was a tiny rabbit (Polish), he was big on personality.

Rest in Peace, Wesley, and I really do hope that we will meet again one day at Rainbow Bridge.

I really do need to get another neutered boy to live with Bluebell now, she will be so lonely without Wesley. Kayj, please can you let me know more about that boy you mentioned before.

Chinakit
Jane

aww sorry to hear this, but it sounds like you did exactly the right thing for this poor little boy, sound sso painful :(

sleep well little man xx

so sorry Jane to hear about Wesley but you really did all you could and at least he as gone to the bridge knowing you tried everything and loved him so much.
I have got a Lionhead lop that is neutered, and also the one I got from Elaine is due to be done. If you want to call up and have a look or even phone me you are more than welcome.
Love
Kayxx

Thank you everyone for your kind replies. For some reason, losing this little bun has affected me more than usual, probably because his life was cut short by some ****** person who could not be bothered to feed him right when he was a baby. I am upset, but also angry about it.

Thanks to you all for caring.

Jane xxx

he had a happy life with you - its still such a shame tho - at least he has no more pain now and only knew love before he died . sleep peacefully little wesleybun . xx

gina paul said:
he had a happy life with you - its still such a shame tho - at least he has no more pain now and only knew love before he died . sleep peacefully little wesleybun . xx

Oh I do hope so ... thank you for being so kind.

The damage people do just to save a few pence on feed never stops making me mad .... I know also that this problem could have been genetic, but that makes me mad too, because those breeders should be more responsible.

I am feeling anger as well as grief, normal I suppose, considering poor Wesley's problems. I am thinking of starting a campaign for responsible rabbit breeding, in his memory.

Jane

Yes, I did what I could, and in the end, what I had to do. Reminds me of a poem I saw in Pro-Rat-A many years ago, which I will repeat here, in Wesley's memory. It always makes me cry.

'Should pain precede my final breath
Would some kind hand come down
And pre-empt God, at my request?

I tried my best for you, I hope you know
But the hardest thing I ever did for you
Was let you go'

Goodbye Wesley, you were a great rabbit, so kind and gentle, with a huge personality. Miss you lots.

Jane

sorry to hear about your loss, its really sad that he had that problem which could have been advoided with proper care/feeding before you had him.

I was in that situation 2 years ago with a bunny from a friend of a friend who had know idea about rabbits, I took on thumper and had him for a year and in that time loved and cared for him with his teeth problems, in the end I had him PTS as i was fighting a battle i couldn`t win.

Its really hard at that time but i think back and am pleased at least the last months of his life he was loved and cared for 100% and those days were the best i could make them.

I`m sure you`ll look back soon and think the same.

Chin up and remember the good times.

cheers

What a lovely poem. Sorry to hear about Wesley, he sounds like a very special bunny who was lucky to spend the last few weeks with you.
Binky free little one. Say hi to Flopsy and Patch for me.

I am so sorry to hear about Wesley. He had a great life when he was with you and that is all you can ask for.

Rest in Peace little Wesley.

Binky Free

I'm so sorry to hear this about little Wesley but you did your very best for him as I'm sure he knows and at least he found you and you made up for his not so good start in life.

Rest easy in the heavenly meadows little Wesley.

gina paul said:

My thoughts exactly - you showed him love xxx

What a shame ...I am so sorry but you gave him quality life and love Jane

'Should pain precede my final breath
Would some kind hand come down
And pre-empt God, at my request?

I tried my best for you, I hope you know
But the hardest thing I ever did for you
Was let you go'

That is such a lovely poem

fairy.gif
Binky_Free_x_27630.gif

Thanks Marlene, I am now beginning to get over the shock of losing Wesley but I still miss him like mad. In fact I am thinking of looking for another bunny like him. He was a black otter Polish rabbit, and I don't think there are a lot of those about. People don't tend to get Polish as pets, as they have a reputation for being unhandleable and nasty, but this was never my experience with Wesley.

Back