• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

2 out of 3

Krinnie

Young Bun
I lost my baby girl Bijou last night (a few hours ago) ...she wasn't breathing right...and, my Dad is starting on a new job and absolutely refused to take me to the emergency vet...I just, feel horrible...I took her up into my room and set her down for cuddles and she wouldn't give up and started having seizures...fell off the bed...put her back up, still-my Mum came in and picked her up to go persuade my Dad some more...she pee'd on my Mom and she thought that was good but we lost her...

I lost a hamster the previous night for unknown reasons?...Just falling apart, this is the second one of the 3, after seeing the Hayward case and judging on how defensive the breeder I purchased them from was I plan on calling the SPCA to see if they'll do a search on the backyard to see the state of the rabbits; just for the sake of being consoled...I said before on the forums he was senile and wouldn't let me go near the backyard so I think there could be a problem there. I'm scheduling a vet visit for Stuey tomorrow and seeing about an autopsy...probably spelt that wrong.

I'm going to toss out all the edibles- hays and pellet, and pick up everything fresh.

I brought my bunny that stays outside in the summer; in she's been keeping me company...I'm looking into the possibility of them maybe having contracted that rabbit disease?...We don't have vaccinations for it in the US and I never remember them off the top of my head...so I'm just terrified of losing my other 3 rabbits...

Ech.

Im so sorry for your loss XXXX

is it VHD that you don't have vaccinations for? As this could be a possibility but unless a PM is done you will never know for sure what he died from

Phill said:
Im so sorry for your loss XXXX

is it VHD that you don't have vaccinations for? As this could be a possibility but unless a PM is done you will never know for sure what he died from

No rabbit vaccinations at all-

so yes this includes VHD- and according to HRS this has been a problem as of late in the States...I know the first case popped up in 6 rabbits in Ohio (East) 4 died and the other two were bought and killed (poor rabbits...) but now I'm hearing about it all over...

oh what ashame that your Dad wouldnt take you I would hate that! So sorry for your losses sending you big hugs!

I am so sorry for your loss :( Its terrible that you can't get the vaccinations over there in the States :( I really hope that your other buns are okay.

So sorry to hear about your bunny. I am in the Us to and I check the HRS health alerts alot. There is a myxi outbreak in california, and VHD is ending in Indiana. An autopsy would be best for your other buns health.

Sending you hugs!

Awww I'm sorry for your loss Krinnie, this must have been very distressing and upsetting for you.

I think if you have pets though its important that your folks are aware of the responsibilities involved, if an animal is suffering then it really does need to have veterinary attention.

I know its not your fault but thats part of the responsibility of pets is ensuring they can get Veterinary help when needed.

There are some really great forum posts on here too all about Vaccinations which might help you - if in doubt I would seriously consider getting your other bunnies vaccinated as soon as possible.

Hope this helps.

Back