• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Samson and Delilha!

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
Ok as you all know my mum got two new fluff balls on saturday! :lol:

We suspect that Delilha is pregnant and we have them in a separate kennel each at the mo. Now we did build them a seat on either side of the wall so they could still talk to each other until samson is done but delilha wont get up on hers. I have one of those big run thingys coming off the RR site (greenline ones) and the kennels are big enough to be split in two.

Do you think it would be a good idea if we split Delilha's kennel down the middle and got Samson a hutch and put it in so that they could see each other properly?

They wouldn't be able to get to each other until samson is done and we know wether delilha is having babies.

The kennels are 17ft long by 4ft wide in total so we would slit the outside space in half which would give samson a 13ftx2ft space. Do you guys think this will work?

Thanks love Phillipa XXX

sounds possible to me phil and I am sure the furry monsters would like that set up for now, you wont know for sure till you try :)

Thanks Caz i was just thinking that it may be better for them as they have never been apart until Kay picked them up and they came here XX

Phill,
I think that might be a good idea as it may help Delilah settle a little quicker as she did seem to be the more timid of the two, and as we both know they have never been apart until me so it is my fault (I'm a horrible rescue mum). :lol: :lol

I think i will try it when the run gets here that should be in the next couple of days as she is worriying me a little. XX

Im not as worried as my mum! im actually finding it quite funny! Because i am usually all worried about my buns and because her rabbit Plum lives with mine i look after her most of the time so i get to do most of the worrying! and now it's her bunny's that are worrying her!

when my bracken was pregnant she was in a hutch in the shed and i put a hutch in the shed for the father dami, they went together fineish when she had been does after the kits where old enought, although he was still abit scared of her, well she was a madam!

i think if you can keep them close enough together phil i think it will do them the world of good!

eve x

:lol: sometimes its fun to get your own back Phil ;)

my mum is like that, forever telling me to stop worrying about things then she is just as bad...I have told her before its all her fault coz I get it from her ;)

bet its nice to see your mum as happy with her new babies as you are with yours!

Thanks Eve and Caz! I'm hopeing that although dividing the kennel will make the space smaller they will not get lonley cause samson has figured out that he can see delilha but she hasn't XXX

I think that sounds a great idea .... and is sort of what a suggested the other day :p It just seemed such a shame to split them up to have to bond them again at a later date . I think they will be much happier this way :D

5cutebunnies said:
I think that sounds a great idea .... and is sort of what a suggested the other day :p It just seemed such a shame to split them up to have to bond them again at a later date . I think they will be much happier this way :D

Yeh i know we thought that with the seats at each side they would be ok but delilha hasn't figured it out. My mum is off out to get a hutch for Samson so mum will be on run duty until the new run arrives and we can split the kennel. We don't want samson locked up all day so we will let him out whilst delilah is away and vise versa.

The inside bit of the kennel has a door at the bottom which can be shut and locked

Back