• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

bracken`s ill but not sure what it is????

bunnies

Alpha Buck
Bracken my 2 1/2 yr mini lop is ill, have booked an appointment with the vets for 10am, but i`m worried.

He has been stumbling a bit the last few days but nothing i was worried about, till last night.

Now when he jumps onto his step he falls over, and when i picked him up for a cuddle he was floppy. He is eating and drinking and moving around, god what is this, such a wait till 10am.

Am worried didn`t sleep last night. my husband say`s he looks like his been drinking!!!!!!!!

Oh im sorry to hear that your little one isn't well, i have a few ideas as to what it could be but best to get the vet check it out X Let us know how you get on XXXX

Good Luck at the Vets and I am sure they will be able to sort the problem out. Big hug to Bracken
Love
Kay

I have seen people post here before with similar, its maybe an ear infection, I hope all goes well at the vets and they can sort him out, poor bunny he must feel awfull

good luck xxx

thanks cazza I really hope its an ear infection!!

Just leaving now with him, fingers XXX

will post later and let you all know how he is, thanks for all the words of encouragment from everyone, cheers

mandy

post subject

Well the vet say`s he has a parasite in his inner ear which is causing this head tilt and the wobbles, pasturella was mentioned and she was very up beat about his situation as he`s eating, drinking and does move around, even just a little bit.

He has had some panacur paste which i will keep giving till finished, as well as baytril and dexadreson injections, which i will also give daily till we go back on friday.

I`m feeling a bit better now about him, b ut anyone been in this situation with their bun`s??????????????????????????

He has a companion who show`s not sign of this, and the vet say`s it can`t be given to her. b ut will keep a very close eye on her.

Thanks again for all the kind messages and i`ll keep you ll updated.

cheers

I think there are one or two on here that have had head tilt bunnies so hopefully should be able to give you an idea of what to expect

give bunny snuggles from me, and I am glad your feeling a bit more at ease :)

when pop had her stroke and had head tilt we treated with panacur as a precaution in case of e cuniculi. i did some reading and read that it can be passed to other bunnies so they should be treated with panacur too. i think a few people on here mentioned it too.

when chico banged his back in the garden he displayed very similar symptoms but unfortunatley that bang caused damage to his spinal cord and nothing could be done :(

post subject

Bracken is looking better tonight, he is more steady on his feet and i think his head is not so tilted.

He`s eating loads of his favourite veg, ready grass and his hay and i`ve seen him drinking as well.

So i`m feeling a bit brighter now, but still very worried about him :(

Being vet nurse in the morning with the injections and panacur paste, will make me feel that i`m doing everything i can to make him better.

Once again thanks for all the encouraging thoughts, cheers

Back