• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

lino for hutches

does anyone use lino in there rabbits hutches? I currently use newspaper under hay but my rabbits keep ripping it up which is a little annoying when uve just cleaned them out!!!

i know people on here do, personally i would not as rabbits tend to chew everything and if they digest it it could cause them problems!

I use self sticky lino tiles in my hutches but my buns sepnd most of there time out of them!

I put lino all over the floor of my playhouse, then paper, then sawdust, then a layer of fine straw, then thick straw. That works well because as soon as I clean it all out one of the three rips the paper up and makes a right mess. However all the layers merge with each other and form an aborbant and warm bedding area. The lino is firmly stapled down with a heavy duty stapler, and so far they haven't noticed it's there under the paper.

I buy my sawdust and thick straw in bulk and get free papers from the railway station every day on my way to work. Works for me! :D

My Nan had some left over cushion flooring from when her bathroom was done so I used this on the floor of the shed where our Rabbits are. Worked great. I must admit they did try and chew an area which wasn't stuck down right so I nailed a thin piece of plywood around the edges. This stopped them.

Back