• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bedding Poll!

What bedding do you use?

• Wood Shavings

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straw

• Hay

• Newspaper

• Vetbed or similar

• Other, please specify

• Total voters
I USE WOOD SHAVINGS IN their cat trays (rabbits bed) then cover that with chopped straw!

my indoor rabbits (giants) have dog beds and custions!

Daisy and Blaise have a linolium flooring in their hutch, and oliver has linolium and carpet in his cage. Then in their litter boxes I have some hay and newspaper! :D

I found that when I have straw or anykind of bedding covering the floor of their hutch, they use that as their litter box, and thats way to hard to clean!! :roll: :D

Mine have wood shavings and hay, and some straw for extra warmth in winter, as their hutches are outdoors.

Chinakit

Hmm well I use different things according to the rabbits so here goes

Petey = foam sofa (spoilt bunny :lol: )
Jess = Plastic dog bed, no liner though as she chews or wees on it as soon as its inserted.
Twinkle & Louis = soft furry dog bed
Timmy = Cuddlecup rabbit bed
Emily = vet bed inside a catbed

all are house buns and live in a spare bedroom which they have to themselves and it is lined with Lino, the 2 smallest buns (timmy & Emily) have a rabbit cage 100 each as the havnt yet been neutered so cant share.

Next time don't buy the nasty stuff ;)

Mine have woodshaving in their bedding compartment in the hutch with a layer of straw on top. The never really use it though, especially in summer. Well actually Gypsy uses sometimes to put a nest in.

They don't really have any bedding in the main hutch area. Anything I put in gets chucked out, I guess the bare wood stays nice and warm. In winter they have woodshavings and hay/straw.

They have a litter tray in their run with woodshavings/straw and a layer of hay on top.

I summer they don't really need much bedding.

Tam

My rabbits use their sleeping compartment as a toilet ... does anyone know why? I have tried using the plastic corner litter trays, but they just pick them up and chuck them around!

Naughty buns!

my rabbits do exactly the same with their litter tray, so i have now brought bigger cat litter trays and put a brick in one corner. One of my rabbits uses their sleeping part as a toilet the other likes to be seen!!!!!!!!!!!1

peach did the same with the corner litter tray so i brought a big cat one shes useing this now as for bedding she has wood chips and hay the indoor buns just have wood chips for bedding

I use newspaper for both the inside and the outside rabbits, then they each have a large litter tray with wood based pellets and hay on top!

The inside rabbits also have vet bed and a towel each, I've tried towels and vet bed for the outside rabbits but they just wee on them so all they have is newspaper now!

hi

In the shed the girls just have bare concrete - great on a hot day - I had flat weave carpet when I got the boys in March - I'll put it back and keep my fingers crossed nobunny eats it in autumn :)

In the litter boxes (high sided underbed boxes that will fit 3 rabbits in at a time - I have 5 in the shed - more box than floor!) I have megazorb and hay for eating - the hay gets picked through and I top it up 4 times a day - so by bedtime there's a bed of uneaten hay if I do the boxes out in the morning.

Benny in his cage in the kitchen just has a litter tray same as the girls, and the bare plastic floor of the cage - he loves it apparently :?

Princess in her shed has a fleecy cat bed + a covered litter tray filled with hay + straw (which she sleeps in in the winter). She also has vetbed to lie on. In her litter tray she has paper cat litter.

Pippa has hay + straw upstairs in her hutch, and a fleecy cat bed downstairs. She also has vet bed or a fleecy blanket to lie on. Paper litter in her litter tray + hay.

Amy (also has a hutch) has vet bed in her lounge, litter tray in her bedroom with paper cat litter in + straw. Downstairs she has a cat bed and a cool tent with fleecy insert.

They all sleep as snug as a bug :)

Back