PDA

View Full Version : Bedding Poll!

anon101
14-08-2005, 02:51 PM
Just for pure personal interest I would be interested to see what bedding everyone use's!

Thanks,

Louise

Jazzy B Bunny
14-08-2005, 03:43 PM
Well Jazz gets a mixture of straw hay and woodshavings in his 5 star home :lol:

heloves to dig in his bed :)

bunnylove
14-08-2005, 03:49 PM
I USE WOOD SHAVINGS IN their cat trays (rabbits bed) then cover that with chopped straw!

my indoor rabbits (giants) have dog beds and custions!

mini lop1
14-08-2005, 03:56 PM
mine have a towel and basket, hay in hayrack to eat and shredded paper in litter tray

lisa

anon101
14-08-2005, 03:59 PM
Does anybody know where you can buy wood shavings from a sustainable forest?

Louise

sophiemarmion
14-08-2005, 04:00 PM
i use newspaper then put hay on top!

sophie

Charliesangel
14-08-2005, 04:12 PM
Daisy and Blaise have a linolium flooring in their hutch, and oliver has linolium and carpet in his cage. Then in their litter boxes I have some hay and newspaper! :D

I found that when I have straw or anykind of bedding covering the floor of their hutch, they use that as their litter box, and thats way to hard to clean!! :roll: :D

chinakit
14-08-2005, 04:17 PM
Mine have wood shavings and hay, and some straw for extra warmth in winter, as their hutches are outdoors.

Chinakit

Debs2811
14-08-2005, 04:21 PM
Hmm well I use different things according to the rabbits so here goes

Petey = foam sofa (spoilt bunny :lol: )
Jess = Plastic dog bed, no liner though as she chews or wees on it as soon as its inserted.
Twinkle & Louis = soft furry dog bed
Timmy = Cuddlecup rabbit bed
Emily = vet bed inside a catbed

all are house buns and live in a spare bedroom which they have to themselves and it is lined with Lino, the 2 smallest buns (timmy & Emily) have a rabbit cage 100 each as the havnt yet been neutered so cant share.

bunnylove
14-08-2005, 04:29 PM
mine cant use vet bed as they all seem to eat it! :roll:

eve x

Tamsin
14-08-2005, 04:47 PM
Next time don't buy the nasty stuff ;)

Mine have woodshaving in their bedding compartment in the hutch with a layer of straw on top. The never really use it though, especially in summer. Well actually Gypsy uses sometimes to put a nest in.

They don't really have any bedding in the main hutch area. Anything I put in gets chucked out, I guess the bare wood stays nice and warm. In winter they have woodshavings and hay/straw.

They have a litter tray in their run with woodshavings/straw and a layer of hay on top.

I summer they don't really need much bedding.

Tam

chinakit
14-08-2005, 05:00 PM
My rabbits use their sleeping compartment as a toilet ... does anyone know why? I have tried using the plastic corner litter trays, but they just pick them up and chuck them around!

Naughty buns!

smokiemistyozzy
14-08-2005, 05:09 PM
my rabbits do exactly the same with their litter tray, so i have now brought bigger cat litter trays and put a brick in one corner. One of my rabbits uses their sleeping part as a toilet the other likes to be seen!!!!!!!!!!!1

kim 106
14-08-2005, 06:22 PM
peach did the same with the corner litter tray so i brought a big cat one shes useing this now as for bedding she has wood chips and hay the indoor buns just have wood chips for bedding

touie
14-08-2005, 06:23 PM
I use newspaper for both the inside and the outside rabbits, then they each have a large litter tray with wood based pellets and hay on top!

The inside rabbits also have vet bed and a towel each, I've tried towels and vet bed for the outside rabbits but they just wee on them so all they have is newspaper now!

elve
14-08-2005, 06:31 PM
In the shed the girls just have bare concrete - great on a hot day - I had flat weave carpet when I got the boys in March - I'll put it back and keep my fingers crossed nobunny eats it in autumn :)

In the litter boxes (high sided underbed boxes that will fit 3 rabbits in at a time - I have 5 in the shed - more box than floor!) I have megazorb and hay for eating - the hay gets picked through and I top it up 4 times a day - so by bedtime there's a bed of uneaten hay if I do the boxes out in the morning.

Benny in his cage in the kitchen just has a litter tray same as the girls, and the bare plastic floor of the cage - he loves it apparently :?

nicolar
14-08-2005, 06:35 PM
Princess in her shed has a fleecy cat bed + a covered litter tray filled with hay + straw (which she sleeps in in the winter). She also has vetbed to lie on. In her litter tray she has paper cat litter.

Pippa has hay + straw upstairs in her hutch, and a fleecy cat bed downstairs. She also has vet bed or a fleecy blanket to lie on. Paper litter in her litter tray + hay.

Amy (also has a hutch) has vet bed in her lounge, litter tray in her bedroom with paper cat litter in + straw. Downstairs she has a cat bed and a cool tent with fleecy insert.

They all sleep as snug as a bug :)